New Member first time project, make it easy

GoldenMotor.com

radat1dj

Aug 2, 2010
orlando
So i recently purchased a Schwinn point beach bicycle. Ive always had go karts and mini bikes so im familiar with 2 and 4 stroke engines, however I have always done pretty rough work... Im looking for some advice and help making this first motorized bicycle project functional, easy, and ascetic.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for complete kits that work well with a point beach. motor, clutch, mount, tank, etc...
2. After browsing some of these forums "there are so many" I have yet to find a common tips section.
3 brakes, do i need to upgrade from stock, or will they do fine...

I dont want to take a small junkyard engine, bolt it to the back of my bicycle, and ruin the beauty of a nice retro frame.

this project is to give me an alternative for short trips and daily commutes to my only other vehicle... stupid SUV form the 90's...
zpt

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forums! The bike I was first gonna put a 4-stroke kit on was in fact a Schwinn Point Beach 7-speed with v-brakes, full fenders and retro rack. My buddy ended up getting it and that was the first 4-stroke build for us both.

So therefore I can recommend a 4G HuaSheng 49cc 4-stroke kit as it is fairly simple and works great...I've got one also. Cheers and keep on reading!

EDIT: The brakes on your bike are just fine, no need for upgrade.

Last edited:

radat1dj

Aug 2, 2010
orlando
thanks for the quick response, ive done some basic searches, do you have any links?

yeah, mine is a 7 speed so im in the same boat. what speds can i expect to get to with a 149 cc motor? and an average sprocket?