spookytooth gearbox for r/s 35cc??? yes please!

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am not sure if they are ready to offer it to the public yet. Spooky always test his new products for thousands of miles before offering to the public.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
They have been working on that gearbox for a long time now. I know Roland wanted to do a trip from Mexico to Canada on it but never heard anything else about it.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is awsome you notice the trans looks kinda familiar maybe from Firebelly ??? just a guess.
I believe the designer was a engineer from the University of Arizona, but that was what I heard from second hand so I am not absolutely positive. But I do know it was designed years ago.

Spooky did talk about it on his blog over a year ago, don't know if it still up?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I'm not involved w/ this project.

It's good to see the Subaru getting some inframe attn though. As usual Spooky's on the cutting edge of innovation.

My only concern w/ this system is it's weakest link. Those are the gas tank mounts that are being used as engine mts, 2 of which are plastic. This motor is designed to be mounted on the vertical face of the clutch cover.

Not saying it doesn't/won't work, just saying that it concerns me that the plastic will crack from fatigue over time compromising the integrity of the other 2 mounting points.

Good lookin product w/ a promising future!

Cheers! Evan FBC

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Roland has been working on this drive for the RS engine for the 3 years that I have known him,
I hope he has it finally dialed in and ready for the market :)
I wonder what ever happened with Heather and their cross-AZ video

BTW, was Roland running this rig at the last deathrace??? I am recalling him using a Robin, but I am not positive