Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motor Bicycle Safety And Stolen Motorized Bicycle Alerts

Motor Bicycle Safety And Stolen Motorized Bicycle Alerts Share safety tips. Some of these bicycle engines will reach great speeds and need respect. Also post stolen motorized bicyclesand maybe someone will let you know if seen

Old 01-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: motorized bike safety with digital displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightRiderXx View Post
with that kinda speed, you want to have analog monitors. you want a tach and speedo, and i hope you have disk brakes and a class M license, or don't get caught. i don't know the laws in oregon, but here in nevada, max speed limit is 35 or you need a class M. class C otherwise, regardless of cc, as motorized bikes are considered mopeds here.
The build isn't quite finished yet, so I don't have a tach and speedo yet, but I'll add them once I finish and have a bit of money again. Right now the bike is rideable, but I don't have the money to put the finishing touches on (connect the pedals, add headlights, tach and speedo). I have very high end 180 mm disc brakes on both wheels. In Oregon, the law is 34cc and 20 mph without a class M license, 49cc and 30 mph with class M, so my bike is illegal no matter what. However, my experience has been that if I don't act like a jerk while riding and obey the rules of the road, the cops around here could care less. Here's the bike btw:
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 PM

Oh, cops will stop him.

To say "that's a freaking awesome motorcycle you got there".

You might want to look into registering it as a homebuilt motorcycle. At this point, that's all it is.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralight01 View Post
Oh, cops will stop him.

To say "that's a freaking awesome motorcycle you got there".

You might want to look into registering it as a homebuilt motorcycle. At this point, that's all it is.
yea, I'm looking into that, problem I'm running into is insurance. There's not many companies that will insure a homemade vehicle, and none that will do it for a price I can afford.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:37 PM

Look for insurance companies that insure "custom motorcycles". In most cases home built and custom are identical in Oregon, according to their laws that I've read.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralight01 View Post
Look for insurance companies that insure "custom motorcycles". In most cases home built and custom are identical in Oregon, according to their laws that I've read.
In most cases you are right, however "custom" requires that you have a real motorcycle frame that meets a bunch of safety standards, which my bike frame does not.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:16 AM

Don't pull the trigger. Squeeze it. You will find better control and accuracy. But this is not a gun forum. It's a motorized bike forum. Related topics only please, in each thread.
Update: this was in response to what seems like a system error. In any case, it was fixed and this comment should be deleted to avoid any further confusion.

Last edited by xXNightRiderXx; 03-16-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:39 AM

What is happening? This is not the only time an unrelated question came up, must be some kind of bug linking this site to others with the same "forum program"