Rich Mix?

GoldenMotor.com

doubleb333

Jun 29, 2009
St. Johns Mi.
installed my 1st bike 2 cyl bike engine,after figuring out most of the minor problems,I am left with
one problem. over 4000 rpms, apx. the engine misfires,i think i've seen it referreddrn2drn2 to as 4 cycling.
It does this under part acceleration also. I have dropped the metering rod down to the last notch
from the top,it helped. I have concluded that its running to rich,also the engine has 30 to 40 miles
on it and I am running 24 to 1 oil mix. any help? Thanks

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: Rich Mix?

i would recomend
4oz of oil in 1 gallon of gas...no matter if you wanna break in....

if you wanna know if you are running rish, you most check the spark plug...when balck it rich when bown its pefect, when white lean (dangerous!)

when you put the needle clip down towards the pointy end you let less air in...if you put the clip towards the flat end you put more air...

the gap on the spark plug is very influential...the bigger the gap the bigger the spark and the bigger the combsution... so you can play with all this to get a brown plug and a good running engine...

you need to change the mix first.

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
When you say you are mixing your gas 24/1 that is useing 5.3oz. of oil to 1 gal. gas wright. If that is wright move the keeper on the needle to the center notch. This is usely the factory setting. Get a NKG B6HS plug and set the gap to .025 and try these changes. When you move the keeper on the needle toward the pointed end you are makeing it richer if you move it toword the square end it makes it leaner. The needle controls the gas comeing into the carb after it passes through the high speed jet.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I wouldn't change anything till you get more miles on the bike. At least a full gallon of gas thru it. You can't really tune it right till the rings are fully seated. When you reduce the oil mix it's going to run different too. 4 cycling is very common esp. in a new motor. If you get rid of it completely you are running very close to running too lean. Remember the carb needle only controls the mix at mid throttle. At wide open your totally on the jet. But put some miles on it, then start tuning.

chopper

Feb 6, 2009
Sunny florida
If indeed the engine is four cycling at full thottle, adjusting the needle does nothing. The needle adjusts mid range only. The main jet must be changed. Fill the jet with solder can decrease the dia in .001" until the four cycling stops or monitor plug color

Revo

Aug 11, 2009
Az.
I have dropped the metering rod down to the last notch, How do u do that? any pictures. Thanks