Review of Livefastmotors chain drive rack mount

GoldenMotor.com

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I've dealt wit Live Fast Motors for a few of the parts, never a full kit. I liked the clam shell adaptor (not a good idea for a Bendix hub the hub is too big and you'll need it machined). The spring chain tensioner works but when the chain stretches, it has too much slack and travels to much and gets derailed. They have shipped the wrong sprocket to me and when I notified them, they sent the right one and let me keep the old one. No hasle or extra charges.

As for shipping, everyone ups their price on e-bay. Powerking, boygofast, and even some of the newer vendors are charging up to $60 for shipping a kit. The shipping should only cost $25. Some of the vendors are drop shipping items. Thats why you sometimes receive an item that is not pictured on the website. That could have been the case here.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It always sucks when it happens to someone. Hope your having fun with it though.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Bought A Friction Drive From Them With The Same 40cc Engine For $199 , Only Bidder. Shipping Was Around $70. It Came With Small Drive Roller, I Switched To 1 1/4 Inch. I May Have Had An Option For Roller Size. My Guys Said They Liked The Motor Better Than The 49cc, Smoother I Guess. It Was In The Rain A Couple Times And Would Not Fire Last Week. Flywheel Magnets May Be Rusty. I Am Happy :) With It. I Saved About 80 Bucks , Less Than Buy It Now. The Friction Drives Are Trouble Free And There Is No Pedaling Resistance When You Raise The Motor Or Run Out Of Gas. We Installed 7 Dollar Slime Tubes And Have Had No Flats. "bikemotorparts" Sell A Nice Kit For 169 Bucks, Buy A Honda 4 Stroke 35cc And You Have A Trouble Free Set Up And Great Fuel Milage With Out Chain Noise And Oil..