Grubee H/D axle kit w/brake Help Needed

GoldenMotor.com

bugler1

Apr 30, 2009
ARIZONA
I just got a H/D rear hub kit for my bike but cant see how to go about setting it up. My bike is a peddal start but I cant see how to put a free wheel gear on the hub all it has is a place to thread a drive / pedal gear / on the right hand side . Is there a free wheel gear that can screw on to this hub?? ,any body have any ideas on this. I have included a photo of the hub so you can see the right side.

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I bought the same kit and I like it. The band brake leaves a little to be desired, but the bearings are smooth in this hub. I hope you can stretch the frame apart.

rotted

Dec 10, 2009
new mexico
anybody know if smaller sprockets are available for the freewheel version.... and if so would the band brake interfere with the chain line. a kid peddaling with no engine beat me when i was using a 44t sprocket

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Wow! That kid must have been bookin' it! I think I have a 36, but I would have to look and count the teeth to be sure.

rotted

Dec 10, 2009
new mexico
it was my little brother he has a speedo on his mountain bike... we race eachother in the neighborhood. the faster one "me" gets to make fun of the slower one "him" but not on the day i tested my engine after it was broken in.... it was a sad day...that was the day he was manly and my bike became the slow gay girly bike. hit 27mph using no engine we hit 34 mph on some streatches.... my road bikes are even faster with no engine.

rotted

Dec 10, 2009
new mexico
ohh yeah i want to have both drum and v-rear brakes hooked up to a dual brake handle... 36t would work if i could find an 11t drive sprocket for the engine. are you using the 415 chain??? from the pics ive seen of the grubee hub with the drum brake it looks like the drum brake has two screw adjusters that may get in the way of the chain if i put a 34t 32t or maybe a 27t kings sprocket on it. is yours the freewheel model???.....mine has to be the freewheel model because i dont want friends to be popping the clutch. having a smaller back sprocket puts way more stress on the spokes when popping the clutch to start the bike.