CE Clutch Actuator

GoldenMotor.com

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I give up.

I've tried four times to install this thing and I cannot figure it out.

I've followed the instructions to a tee and each time I end up not being able to get the clutch to engage/disengage as it should.

Anyone with the kit have any advice you had to figure out on your own, beyond the instructions. Sorry, very frustrated here.

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I may have to. It's not the instructions which are wrong, it's likely me.

I guess I should tinker with the flower nut, I just didn't want to have to. Maybe I'll sell it off to a better home.

It's just so damn pretty!

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I had problems too. So I took it off, and was planning on reinstalling it this spring. BUT I lost the instructions. Anyone have a scan of the instructions by chance?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sorry, I threw mine away when I was done....actually, I briefly read them, then just put it on. I did have to try a second pin to make it work perfectly.

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
The problem I am having is getting the clutch to engage/disengage like the stock one. I don't know if I am placing the eccentric wrong in the first place, or positioning the clutch arm improperly.

I am using the additional spring but it doesnt seem to have enough pressure in the internal clutch spring to push the arm back out.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
The problem I am having is getting the clutch to engage/disengage like the stock one. I don't know if I am placing the eccentric wrong in the first place, or positioning the clutch arm improperly.

I am using the additional spring but it doesnt seem to have enough pressure in the internal clutch spring to push the arm back out.
Same problems.... I 'll fiddle with it this summer, the bike is buried in storage right now. I think I need a different pin length if I remember correctly.

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Im gonna take one more stab at it taking pictures step by step, and hopefully whatever I was doing wrong will be apparent to someone who did it right.

I'll also snap some shots of the instructions for those who have lost it.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
That's the key - all the engines are a bit different. I had to grind my pin a bit. It all hinges on that pin length to get the arm positioned in the right starting place, IMHO. Once you have that dialed in, it's like eating berry pie. Mine is working flawlessly - although my clutch pucks are losing grip with my current mill.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Oh Jim...And suddenly, without warning, the manic mechanic appears :D...No Cape, No mask...Just a shop full of tools and machines, and a genuine desire to design and manufacture parts that make Motorbiking a little more enjoyable.

Anytime you guys have a problem installing anything I have manufactured feel free to call, (And I mean that)...I won't bite your head off!!! I can not forsee every variable that the Chinese may throw out there.

Out of 175 clutch kits, I have had 9 unsuccessful installs.

In the interest of saving time, I will ask specific questions...Please be at your bike, with tools, so that we can get the problem fixed in one phone session. No offense, but I don't want to waste 1/2 hour discussing what you have already tried, obviously it didn't work. Please just allow me to direct the install. I have designed and manufactured these parts, so I know exactly what should be happening each step of the way. We'll either get it working, or I will suggest that you send it back for a full refund.

This is the best I can do to satisfy my customers. If I could physically be there for each installation...every customer would be happy with the result...but I can't.

Jim