How Many Ride Something Bigger and What Is It?

GoldenMotor.com

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
It's probably been posted previously. I didn't look.

Just curious though. What else might you ride and what is it? Besides of course your fun little motorized bicycle?

For me it's a 2005 Harley Ultra Classic. It was preceded by a 2003 Fat Boy and several various metric bikes prior to that. usflg

phatcruiser

Sep 23, 2013
San Diego
I had a Triumph Scrambler that I sold in 2011. Right now I just ride the motorized bicycle
. Before the Triumph I had a Kawasaki Concours. My next bike will probably be a dirt bike that I ride on the street. But who knows? Looking at scooters too.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If I ever get the engine machined so I can complete the rebuild, it'll be a 1980 Harley FXEF.
The way things look right now, I might get something else that gets better fuel economy.
Been looking at Suzuki DRZ400's and Honda XL650R's.

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
I have a 98 Harley soft tail custom with a 200 size back tire. Nice ride. I'm selling it to a friend and might get something new.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The wife and I both have a Genuine Buddy 125 scooter. We load them up in the back of the pick up and and take them to the beach, small towns, etc.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Before my doctor told me to give up riding big motorcycles because of this illness I have I owned a 1997 Suzuki GSX500E. I named her 'Ginny' and she was a truly sweet handling motorcycle. Ginny was the model without a fairing which I deliberately chose because fairings are for sissies (or so this biker chick thought at the time).
I belonged to a women's motorcycle touring group and we rode all over the North Island of NZ usually sticking to interesting back roads and secondary routes and staying off the motorways. I was still working as a social worker and looking back on it I think it was getting out on the bike that kept me sane.

Ginny was silver btw, the close up picture is from Wikipedia.
The other picture is of me taken while visiting one of the touring group members.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've had many motorcycles in my time....

Honda 550K
Honda Goldwing
Yamaha Seca
Yamaha Seca II
...others that I can't remember.

I was getting the 'itch' again and was about to pull the trigger on a BMW K100.....then I discovered the wonderful world of motorbicycles!! The 'itch' was cured and the cost was certainly a lot less.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Here is my "something bigger" ride...
Not much bigger...

Cleveland Cycle Werks "Tha Heist"
250cc Bobber

Attachments

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada

its still a 2 stroke, not much like the china girl though. they look silly next to each other, so I rarely put them on the same side of the garage. :)
I had a Kawasaki KX500 dirt bike for a while and that thing was a flat out beast weighing in at 215 pounds with 72 hp at the rear wheel. It wasn't stock. That old Suzuki 750, 2 stroke could be wound up pretty tight for a screaming machine if someone was so inclined.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Ooooooooo a Suzuki water bottle! :D I only owned a Suzuki GT380 triple way back when, but I always wanted a water bottle.
Truth be told, I'd rather have a GT380. This bike is really big, and not exactly a gas sipper. It's special to me though so its going to hang around. I have yet to see another on the road anywhere around here, they are beginning to become scarce.
I'm pretty sure these are bassani chambers, and are super cool 2 pipes on the right one on the left. They look and sound awesome, but they could use some refinishing. Only thing holding me back on it are tires and crank seals, I do not trust myself to press apart this crank though.

This ts185 is way more my style, but its not mine and the owner is paying me to ruin it with a black paint, tiny handlebars and a bunch of fiberglass. The engine will be very nice though

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I have 2 motorcycles, a Triumph Bonneville T100 and a Suzuki Burgman 650.

Currently watching for a used Yamaha TW200 to ride inna dirt.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
My son got a 1971 Honda cb 100 from his grandpa, ended up breaking the kick starter shaft on it. I swapped the engine out with a lifan 200cc. Made it a street legal street tracker.
I have a low mileage 2002 883r with a big bore kit that I don't ride much... 1400 miles on it. Fun on Sunday morning rides.

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Actually my old GT380 was one sweet machine and I really liked her. At the time part of my commute to work was over a long stretch of gravel farm roads as well as tarseal and the GT380 handled it all just fine. She was much lighter than the Suzuki GSX500E that was the last big bike I owned and I think I'd still own her now if it hadn't been for a stupid learner driver pulling out from a stop sign in front of me.

Poor old bike ended up with a mashed front wheel and bent forks and I got my left knee torn open. There is something very sobering about seeing your own kneecap looking back at you and I remember being amazed at how white it was.
Once I was healed and walking again I rebuilt my GT380 with a pair of Honda forks I had as well as a Honda wheel with a twin leading shoe drum brake. Truth be told I preferred that Honda brake over the original GT380 disc brake and while the Honda forks weren't quite as good as the original Suzuki forks they were adequate and did the job.

Unfortunately after the accident my poor old GT380 had been on her side screaming her heart out at full throttle for some minutes before somebody thought to turn off the ignition key which did the engine no good at all. One day while riding her home a small end bearing started to knock and the engine started to vibrate something awful. I managed to nurse her home, but after I switched off the ignition she never ran again. (sniff) :(

Edit:
My son got a 1971 Honda cb 100 from his grandpa, ended up breaking the kick starter shaft on it. I swapped the engine out with a lifan 200cc. Made it a street legal street tracker.
CCC, those Hondas were always bad for that. When I was repairing motorcycles for a living I lost track of how many Honda kickstarter shafts I had to replace on customers' bikes.

Last edited: