WHIZZER STYLE 3.5 LITER gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Check luckyearlybird and boygofast on ebay. I got one slightly damaged for $35 with free shipping. Also, the whizzer tanks are 4 liter, not 3.5.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Here's the thread I started in the Whizzer subforum on this exact topic:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42380

As you can see in the pics, I got mine from Luckyearlybird. Not sure if they still sell it. I searched ebay for 4L tanks and found a lot of peanut tanks. Be careful in your selection, note the mounting tabs that are welded at each end of the tank. Also notice that this tank does not have the threaded studs sticking down like typical peanut tank.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I currently use that tank. It is great. It don't leak at all and it sits nice on the frame, not too high at all. When at the pump it will take 1.2 gallons to fill up if empty. After I purchased mine for some reason they stopped selling them. I haven't been able to find another one for my latest project. :(

Look at my bike with the tank installed.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37271&page=7

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
F_Rod,
Did you have to bend the mounting tabs at all? The ones that are welded to the tank? My Dyno frame has such a curved top tube that it looks like theres no way these tank mounts are going to mount flush to the tube on both ends. Did you have to make any adapters or spacers?
With the vintage Schwinn frame I didn't have to modify the tabs or tank at all. I cannot speak for the Dyno frame though. I did end up using some rubber to use between the tabs and the frame. The rubber gives a better grip and doesn't allow any movement or hollow vibration sounds when the tank is near empty. Hope this helps (^)

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
ill take pics in a bit of what you hafta make and weld on if theres interference

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I did have to use spacers and some rolled up inner tube to get my tank to sit how I wanted on my repop shwinn cantilever frame. Eventually I figured it out and it works fine.