G&R

GoldenMotor.com

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
ZZ Top, AC/DC, The Ramones, The Black Keys, Blind Melon, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Clutch and C.O.C. just to name a few.

Gn'R had an amazing first album. Bill Bailey (Axl) grew up very local to me and he is (for the sake of our younger readers) a jerk. Izzy Stradlin is also from the same town. He was the brains behind the song writing. He is a great dude. He and the others left because of Bill's bipolar behavior.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The Eagles, Bad Company, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Steve Miller Band, Lynard Skynard, Journey, Boston, CCR, Three Dog Night, AC/DC , Scorpions, Dio, Iron Maiden....... and the list goes on all the way up to one of the best new Southern Rock-a-Billy bands going in my opinion..... Blackberry Smoke....!

As a Drummer who has played Christian Contemporary, Southern Gospel all the way to playing in a semi Hard rock band that never really went anywhere for 3 years, my taste in music is fairly broad....I appreciate many types and sounds as long as it aint the so called modern country junk and to hear the rap crap noise almost makes my ears bleed and my teeth grind.

Map
.wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kansas, Foreigner, Styx? Am I weird? No one has mentioned them yet. But then I'm old enough to be a Beatles fan too. Doobie Brothers, and I also listened to a lot of BeeGees. Met them once in Miami. Everyone used to tell me I look like Maurce Gibb. Maybe I did, in my twenties :)

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Kansas, Foreigner, Styx? Am I weird? No one has mentioned them yet. But then I'm old enough to be a Beatles fan too. Doobie Brothers, and I also listened to a lot of BeeGees. Met them once in Miami. Everyone used to tell me I look like Maurce Gibb. Maybe I did, in my twenties :)

Tom
Dead on Tom, all the bands you mentioned fall into my etc...........

Also..... Bob Seger, ZZ TOP, Alman Brothers, Tom Petty, Led Zepplin, The Police and a few one hit wonders and single like Al Stewarts- (Year of the Cat) now thats a good old tune...

So many good bands back in the day when there was still good music and bands didnt try to copy cat each other, they had a unique style and sound that a fan could recognize in about 1-2 seconds, now days one guy or gal makes a radio hit and all the other no talent kids want to sound just like them...... really sad how much creativity has been lost in this country..

Map

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Grass Roots, Golden Ear Ring, Canned Heat. One hit wonders that we've all heard. And then there were Crosby, Stills & Nash, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Some of the old 70s greats.
Single performers: Elton John leads the pack and there was Joe Cocker, Neilson and some others that won't come to me right now. Ahhhh, the 70s Album Rock stations :)

Tom