Happy Thanksgiving

GoldenMotor.com

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I just wanted to wish everybody a very happy Thanksgiving.

I'm fixing to go visit Mom (she's a little like Mrs. Mallard) so I'll be away from you guys for a couple of days. She just bought a new car and I have to go up there (Lake Sam Rayburn) and show her how to adjust the (6 way heating) seat and play the radio. She will be 84 Nov. 30. Still cuts 2 1/2 acres on her Scag.

BTW. Do all y'all know how to keep a turkey in suspense?

Ted

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'm going to try and brine the turkey this year. This will be in addition to our usual method of making an herb butter and putting medallions of it under the skin of the turkey.

I was considering trying to fry it this year, but that's quite the hassle and expensive setup just to cook a 9lb turkey for 2 people.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !

Some friends of mine want me to come over to help man the big deep fryer. They want to deep fry a bird or two or three. It seems some of em went in on
an outfit and split the cost of five gallons of Peanut oil too. The Turkey Forge will be set up about 50 ft away from any buildings and with any luck all will go smooth.....and they'll sober up enough in time to eat dinner with the family.

I wonder if Sara Palin ever deepfried a whole Moose ?

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I had a great thanksgiving, my two and a half year old grandaughter helped put tank coating on a gas tank I made for my daughters Honda express. Then we all ate too much. I hope all here had as good a thanksgiving.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I had a good ThanksGiving...GF went to Mexico to visit her family...so I ordered a pizza :rolleyes:

Spent most of the day finishing up French patio doors that I have installed to get rid of my awful sliding door. Hopefully my gas bill will be lower this winter and it looks like I got it in just in time.

Any construction guys here I could use a little advice...everything is plumb, level and square yet only one door will not close right. It has a small gap on the top and hit the other door when I try to close it.

I got it better but it is real "Sticky" Its almost like the door hinges dont hold the door straight. But I have checked over and over again and I cant find anything wrong.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I just uncorked the wine.....the smell of food is driving me crazy...it's nearly 6 PM here and I've been without food all day.......earth to Pablo.

I'm Thankful for all you folks!!