Need help picking a kit

GoldenMotor.com

Noser23x

Mar 25, 2012
MN
Back a couple years ago I bought a kit off ebay, didnt know anything about it or anything about these forums with all the help you guys give. It turned out being the flying horse kit and I beat that thing and then sold it to a friend. Started getting the itch to build another one, and now im gaining a little more knowledge on the kits, as of right now im narrowing down my selections, and am down to 3, another flying horse, a kit from thatsdax, or a red bat engine. I have heard pretty good things about all 3, so I thought I would ask some of you where you bought yours, how you like the kit, and how reliable its been for you.

For a little info, I will also be purchasing a new head from either piratecycles or bike berry, a performance intake and carb, I will be rigging up my own exhaust, a kip springer chain tensioner, and a 40 tooth sprocket with the pirate cycles hub adapter, I will be trying to make a little more power and try to eliminate some of the problems.

Let me know what you think about some of the kits i mentioned.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no comment about kits except that quality of the build seems to depend more on the builder than the kit

as for adding performance parts, build it stock, get it run in and running well before screwing with it