Hard to Pedal Start My Motor

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What spring are you talking about? If you're referring to the small one the instructions show between the end of the clutch cable and the clutch actuating arm, you don't need it. In fact it will only make you clutch lever harder to pull and serves no other purpose. Do not install it.
The larger diameter spring, about 1/2", is a heat shield to protect the cable housing from the cylinder cooling fins. That one should be there but not essential if the cable housing isn't resting against the fins.

Tom

n4t1v3b43r

Nov 15, 2012
Grand Canyon
What spring are you talking about? If you're referring to the small one the instructions show between the end of the clutch cable and the clutch actuating arm, you don't need it. In fact it will only make you clutch lever harder to pull and serves no other purpose. Do not install it.
The larger diameter spring, about 1/2", is a heat shield to protect the cable housing from the cylinder cooling fins. That one should be there but not essential if the cable housing isn't resting against the fins.

Tom
Im talking about the one inside the clutch hub, the main clutch spring inside the motor

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
I'm pretty sure there are two springs in the clutch assembly. One is behind the flower nut. There's another that I guess would be inside the gear case. You need both of those. The one behind the flower nut pushes the clutch plate away from the clutch friction material. Without it, the clutch will drag and bind.

There is also a spring that encircles the clutch cable. Scrap that one. It just makes it harder to pull the clutch lever.

http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/images/111021/137.jpg
Is it item D2 in this picture? Right behind the clutch plate. Perhaps ithe vender who sold you the bike can get you one to replace it.