Motor won't start

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
No, still not working, a new spark plug didn't make a difference either. I'm going to order a CDI now. :(

Does anyone know how to get rid of unused gasoline? I imagine one could put it in a car, but I mixed 2 stroke oil in it so I guess that's probably not a good idea. I don't think I can sell the motor considering how I've been unable to get it working, but I can't keep gasoline in my outdoor closet forever either. Once or twice a year lightning will strike the tree in front of it...

Thanks for the kind words though. Maybe I'll make some progress next weekend.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Your gas should be good for a month or more. If you only have less than a gallon, you can just dump it in your car.

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I wasn't sure, so I tried it with and without it grounded this entire time.

(also, I got the wrong spark plug... the metal connector was too big, I was able to try it by holding it down but I can't be sure until I get another (14mm diameter, 12.7mm reach) plug.

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
After putting in the original MAG, turning the bike upside down, and plugging in the original sparkplug... I was able to get it to spark. (I made sure the plug was in contact with the engine to make the circuit)

The new sparkplug with the fat plugging head also works.

I just wasn't spinning the wheel fast enough!

Now I have to just figure everything else out...

Good thing I didn't order the new CDI yet.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
I got it working

I just needed a really nice hill and a bit of patience.^5
hauzer
GREAT!!!(^)

Isnt it worth the trouble

i still havent figurd out mine, i have a spark, and theres fuel going in to the engine block. just not starting.

Hauzer, how many time does your mag turn compaird to your weel?

i have to turn my weel about 6times to 1 turn of the mag.

does yours do that, or does your mag turn more offten?

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I'll have to open it, but my mag if I remember correctly turns twice per wheel revolution (or once in a jerky manner). I'm probably wrong... I'll look into it tomorrow.

If mine hadn't have started, what I was going to do was buy a new carburetor, as that would be the thing that controls how much fuel and air (throttle) the engine receives. I don't know if you should do this or not, but if you're getting a spark then the engine must not be getting the gas.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
hauzer
GREAT!!!(^)

Isnt it worth the trouble

i still havent figurd out mine, i have a spark, and theres fuel going in to the engine block. just not starting.

Hauzer, how many time does your mag turn compaird to your weel?

i have to turn my weel about 6times to 1 turn of the mag.

does yours do that, or does your mag turn more offten?
Your engine should be turning waaay faster than the rear wheel, that may be your starting problem.....your clutch is slipping.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Take off the right side cover and with the clutch lever locked in spray some brake cleaner on those pads.....then if it still slips, loosen the little screw holding the "flower nut" and turn the "flower nut" in a half a turn or so. Re-install the little screw and go for it.

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I don't have the time to enjoy this, nor do I have the space to store it when I'm not using it.

I live in a two room apartment. The bike is put in the bathroom, which smells like gasoline - but at least holds the smell at bay. I have no garage, and no yard. Storing it outside is also not an option. To compound issues, the bike I have it mounted on isn't very good, and I just don't have the time or the money to make something useful out of it.

So I'm selling it. Best offer.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
I don't have the time to enjoy this, nor do I have the space to store it when I'm not using it.

I live in a two room apartment. The bike is put in the bathroom, which smells like gasoline - but at least holds the smell at bay. I have no garage, and no yard. Storing it outside is also not an option. To compound issues, the bike I have it mounted on isn't very good, and I just don't have the time or the money to make something useful out of it.

So I'm selling it. Best offer.
i am sorry to hear that. im in like the same boat, im going to college, full time work, 2 bed apt, with a roommate (he has the master). nowhere to put it, except chained to a car-port post out by my truck. and its still not workin.

well hauzer, i am in trusted, but see if you can get someone closer. and i dont have the $ right now(holloween )

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Ack, sorry about that, I really really should have thought about this before posting it. I was kinda in a rush and feeling a bit down.

I'm not going to sell it. I don't know what I'm going to do, but this is like my greatest achievement so far and I really want to enjoy it more.

Also, if you're wondering (and you're probably not) "why not store it in the outside closet?"

Well, I could... once I get the office to fix the broken lock on it =P Then all I'd have to worry about is lightning striking the tree in front of it and blowing me to smithereens - but at least I won't be inhailing fumes every time I pee.

An alternative is taking the engine off and boxing it up for now. I don't have to sell it. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
Ack, sorry about that, I really really should have thought about this before posting it. I was kinda in a rush and feeling a bit down.

I'm not going to sell it. I don't know what I'm going to do, but this is like my greatest achievement so far and I really want to enjoy it more.

Also, if you're wondering (and you're probably not) "why not store it in the outside closet?"

Well, I could... once I get the office to fix the broken lock on it =P Then all I'd have to worry about is lightning striking the tree in front of it and blowing me to smithereens - but at least I won't be inhailing fumes every time I pee.

An alternative is taking the engine off and boxing it up for now. I don't have to sell it. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
dude no prob.

thats so great your keeping it, it is so worth it!!!

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Mike, I see you arew getting help, step by step in another thread, but have you fixed the slipping clutch and tried it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.