cruiser with a straight bar ?

GoldenMotor.com

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
does anyone know of any other beach cruiser with a straight lower bar aside from worksman? I want to build a board track bike and it seems those work best for the in frame tanks available from companies such as phantom bikes ect. I like the worksman frame but they are rarely available and when they are they are pretty pricey. Thank you guys brnot

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
IMO

most bicycle frames are too short lengthwise.
and especially if you wish to use the swept-back cruiser styled bars.

IMO it would be fine to use a suitable rear section, and fab your own tubes from the seatpost forward to a neck appropriate for the front forks of your choice.

IMO if lengths were cut and fitted there would only be an hour's welding labor involved, if you do not have that equipment.

IMO best to purchase new tube because salvaged bike frame pieces are always too short. the simple bends required could be accomplished cold with a 8lb hand sledge and blocks of wood. a $20 hf grinder should be sufficient for the task of fitting.

Best
rc

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
i actually saw a guy riding a spray painted worksman today on the venice boardwalk and asked if he wanted to sell it he said no then as I was walking to my car I told him hey if you change your mind...and he asked what id offer I said I'll give you $50 thinking no way he'd take it he said gimmi $60 and its yours realizing I couldnt fit it in the car and my shop had just closed I said sorry i only have $50 and he replied im gonna keep it then but was really hesitant my buddy said he is always around so if i see him tomorrow im gonna hit him up again i'll pay the $60 I honestly didn't expect that to even fly haha anyhow if it worx out ill post pix...it looked in great shape with original fenders wheels and i believe even tires! from what i noticed from the brief interaction anyway wish me luckdance1