Huasheng 4g belt trans.

GoldenMotor.com

dozer

Aug 28, 2011
Ft. Walton Beach
Ok, i recently bought a 4 stroke kit with the 4g belt trans., got everything installed, got the motor warmed up and got on, gave some throttle and got down the block, when i turned around and gave it gas the one way bearing snapped and now it just spinns. got the kit from gasbike.com. called them and they told me to weld the bearing.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know where to get a stronger one way bearing?
Is there a solution?

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
You mean gasbike.net. Never buy from them. They own zoom8cycles.com, and kings motorbikes.com They'll rip you off. Lots of people have issues with them.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
I can't speak to the pros and cons of Gasbikes but the One way bearings on the 4G beltdrives have been very problematic. If your purchase was recent it should have come with the Newer improved one way bearing that is/was supposed to solve the problems but since the kits have become available again late this summer the problems with this bearing still seem to exhist. You might call the folks at bicycle-engines.com in Montana. They are said to be the Solw US Importer of these kits, (all other vendors get their kits from them) they[ might have some other options available to you. You want to call them though and not e-mail. They have never seemed to master how to reply to e-mail queries in anything close to a timely manner. As for the solution of welding up the bearing it is probably the least expensive and most permanent way of fixing the problem.

ocscully

dozer

Aug 28, 2011
Ft. Walton Beach
ok, thanks! think im just gonna get it welded. might be cheaper just to get a new trans gear. they sell one that is keyed to the shaft (instead of a bearing).
But thanks for the feedback and i will let you know what i find out!
:-||

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
So why do thy use a sprag bearing there anyway? I like to use the engine compression to help me slow down, less work for the brakes, especialy on long downhill runs.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's set up the way it is so that coasting or riding bike without engine running is easy. If that sprocket is welded, or replaced with a non-freewheeling one, then you'll be turning the belt and drum on the 4G unit when you ride without engine running. Not really a problem, but it's extra resistance when you may not welcome it.

So why do thy use a sprag bearing there anyway? I like to use the engine compression to help me slow down, less work for the brakes, especialy on long downhill runs.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Bicycle Engines has parts for the 4G, you can convert the shaft and pulley to solid and ditch the bearing one, then add a freewheel drive sprocket, but I suggest looking for that somewhere else as the 11T one they sell is a piece of crap.

Whoops I see you've already mentioned seeing that, I so should have read more carefully.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
Ok, i recently bought a 4 stroke kit with the 4g belt trans., got everything installed, got the motor warmed up and got on, gave some throttle and got down the block, when i turned around and gave it gas the one way bearing snapped and now it just spinns. got the kit from gasbike.com. called them and they told me to weld the bearing.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know where to get a stronger one way bearing?
Is there a solution?

i had same problem they are cheap bearings as well as the replacements just weld it solid

here is a pic notice how its solid this is done on both sides then weld.. make sure to use a thin grinding wheel for a dremel to chanel out where the c-clip went so you can put it back in then paint and your done

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb350/locutus_34/S7301942.jpg

take your bearing out but if you cant leave it in.. weld the inner race to the outter race on both sides.. in the middle is plastic take that out the inner race is metal the outter one is metal weld all the way around.. make it solid i did mine so it looks like a regualar washer and or flat ground it down painted it now it looks like a stock piece... its simple and will never fail..

your other best bet is to buy a hd axle rim combo they are about 150 and come with a free wheel since youll be takeing out the 4g free wheel.. so when you let off trottle the hd axle freewheel stops the chain from moving and you coast down hill etc.. rag joints ie stock set ups are so dangerouse since i put mine in i have no problems i can coast down hill not worry my chain is going to fast etc also if your chain comes off it will stop not whip around and take off your leg

Last edited:

biketec

Jan 20, 2009
Bozeman, MT
Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you guys have a presence here!
Disregard that last comment that was not me, my account was hacked!
For those of you who know me my names not Robert it Jeremy.
Robert must be the new guy that has no clue what so ever about motored bikes.

I have always had a presence here on this forum just never converted to the dark side is all =-)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

I have always had a presence here on this forum just never converted to the dark side is all =-)
Hey Jeremy
Are you still working for bicycle-engines.com?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Robert is great!!! Leave him a voice mails or emails and will get back with you.Some thing that has not happened in the last 2 yrs at Bicycle-engine.com.I spoke with Josh awhile ago and he said Jeremy was suppose to do all of that.Well at least someone is finally doing doing it

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman

I apologize Jeremy if I was using your account, the info was saved to the computer and I thought it was a company profile.

Anyways, I got a new account for the forum and I am here to help out whenever I have time to hop online and see what is going on.

I am a certified motorcycle mechanic. I may be new to these motorized bikes but I assure you I will pick it up.