My Next Build? That's what I'm thinkin'!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice bike minus the cheesy chain guard.
Do you honestly think I would leave that chain guard on my next race bike??? I don't like chain guards, especially on the pedal driven side...... they don't serve a purpose on the race track. The only thing you're gonna see of that bike is the frame on this build...... and I doubt you'll even recognise that, seriously! That frame, that engine and my imagination is what you will see.....

dnut

The backside of that chainguard is pretty cool tho....just sayin' ;)

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Is that the new Predator 99cc HF? Im very interested in that motor. I have not seen one in real life yet and I assumed they wouldnt sell them in Cali. You gonna use the AGK mount for it?

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Do you honestly think I would leave that chain guard my next race bike??? I don't like chain guards, especially on the pedal driven side...... they don't serve a purpose on the race track. The only thing you're gonna see of that bike is the frame on this build...... and I doubt you'll even recognise that, seriously! That frame, that engine and my imagination is what you will see.....

dnut

The backside of that chainguard is pretty cool tho....just sayin' ;)
Whoa! Easy killer!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nothin personal flatblack.....jus sayin' :D

Whoa! Easy killer!
Nice plan scotto, I won't show you mine till the next race...O and you will hear it before you see it...

.wee.
Same here Jeff......mine won't be as loud tho rotfl

Hopefully I'll have it finished by then.....this build will be under wraps so too speak.....I'll document after the fact.

Is that the new Predator 99cc HF? Im very interested in that motor. I have not seen one in real life yet and I assumed they wouldnt sell them in Cali. You gonna use the AGK mount for it?
Hey Cory, yes I'll use the AGK mount for the engine pictured above....maybe I be doing a local test ride on the build before racing it.....I'll let you know.

dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Nice plan scotto, I won't show you mine till the next race...O and you will hear it before you see it...
If your plans include a motor that is close to the 11 hp limit you
might want to run it by me first because I would hate to see you
show up and get put in the unlimited class.

PS: I was looking at the Caliphotos and you better be wearing
gloves next race. No gloves, no love, NO race, seriously LOL

Jumping in the wrong class or not wearing gloves or safety equipment
will get you black flagged this time.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Im looking forward to seeing this one, I been eyeballing the AGK jackshaft but I have a project coming up that will take most of the winter.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Thanks Scotto, please let me know after my current build Im considering doing one of these. I figured Id give this 4 stroke thing a try after seeing the reliability everyone had on the 40 mile SD ride with the 4 strokes. Not that the 2 strokes werent reliable but everybody was more or less suprised, I think, that all the Chinas didnt really have issues.

Do you have the motor yet?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Not yet......it's still on back order (but paid for). Already set back on this build.....but what's the hurry?

dnut

Thanks Scotto, please let me know after my current build Im considering doing one of these. I figured Id give this 4 stroke thing a try after seeing the reliability everyone had on the 40 mile SD ride with the 4 strokes. Not that the 2 strokes werent reliable but everybody was more or less suprised, I think, that all the Chinas didnt really have issues.

Do you have the motor yet?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well I got tired of waiting (although still pending) for the 99cc to become available, so I opted for it's larger brother as the price was right as was the availability.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/img0401xz.jpg/]
[/URL]

Hope you meet this engine at the races......

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Hey Scotto, where can I find that universal engine mount? Looks way better than the bGF ones. And brand/model bike is that? I'd like to use one of those on my next in-frame FD build

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto, where can I find that universal engine mount? Looks way better than the bGF ones. And brand/model bike is that? I'd like to use one of those on my next in-frame FD build
Those engine mount lugs or blocks are from the 4-stroke mount from bicycle-engines.com and the plate mounted on them is the one that AGK sells for the HF 79cc motor. I'm gonna weld it all up once I get everything configured.

The bike is the Felt "Slant" and I'm really liking it!

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well then, this build is nearly a reality, it's almost ready to power up. Just needs the gas tank, some brakes and a chain. Some heavy duty built wheels are in order also.....

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/img0549vj.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img0560jg.jpg/]
[/URL]

dnut