66cc Kroon

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Howdy... This is my first build a 66cc Kroon, im waiting on the tank i made to be tig welded, its an alloy tank that fits inside the frame and should help with making it look more authentic....

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah as far as i know its a proper bicycle headlight. I got it off EBay from England, i notice there are a lot of these cool parts from England and noone seems to bid on many of them. Its not in the best condition as its had repairs but at around 100yrs old i suppose its expected. And it does look cool and i get heaps of compliments on it. I have an LED in it (i need to buy a bigger one), on/off switch is on top and batteries are in the bottom of the light........ Now i wish the fella welding my tank would hurry up because im really not a fan of the stock tank. The new tank will make it look authentic and fill up all that empty space above the engine.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Heres another bicycle light i have for future projects. Also here is the sticker for the tank. I wanted it in gold writing on a black fuel tank, but i got black so i think ill paint the tank black with a gold side section with thes black stckers over the gold. Hope it looks good.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The coil cover is very easy, feel free to copy. Its actually old copper blades they have that are about 3 metres long and about 100mm or so wide. We throw away so much of it. I bashed it a little to get that beaten copper look. Then just bent it around a bit of pipe. I plan on making another, and remove screw mounts from the coill and build much the same design but with sides. Ill get back to you about the cable thickness. Though i have read something about these leads not being good as they are not resistor ones or something?????????? But so far no problems. I also plan to remove the boot and screw directly to the sparkplug.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Ive done a bit of riding on this thing. The 66cc is starting to sound a little tired, so ive partly pulled this apart for a freshen up. I will also improve a few things, im going to freshen the motor, paint the barrell black, older style pedals and a few other touches. Im still waiting on my inframe alloy tank to be welded up (yawn). My brother said he has welded it, my brother just needs to pick it up. Wish i had just made it out of steel and welded it myself.

I just got this taillight off Ebay, its a little big, but i still like it

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I hate those peanut tanks with a passion. Hopefully my brothers mate has tigged the alloy inframe tank i made about 6 months ago. It will be black with gold inlay and black graphics. Should make this heaps nicer