Wooden Bicycle Frame

GoldenMotor.com
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hnah! No a problem a' all! Jus' a couple o' evenly space wood screws and voila! Motoro mounted! :D

Now what WOOD (pun intended) be a problem is sitting too far back on that last one and gettin a woody woodpecker up your humpta! That thing is like a giant barbed hook. It'll NEVER come out! :eek:

lopee

Jan 20, 2010
NC
This is my wooden bike. I made it in college bout 4 years ago. It won a lot of awards and some cash. Still have it in the parents storage. It was actually made from a chair, misc. bicycle parts, and some cedar. The project was Deconstruct/reconstruct, take something apart and put it back together as something else. It is not rideable.

Attachments

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
look up bamboo bike frames. Some people downhill race on those things so i can imagine a motor could be mounted to one...

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona
Renovo makes high-quality wood bikes. I'm sure mounting an engine on one of those frames would be no different from a steel frame. However, Renovo frames aren't cheap...but are they cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All VERY inspiring, especially for those of us who have a good wood shop at our disposal.
I was thinking a quick and dirty route using plywood and some oak or ash, and using the "V" part of the bike frame (mount and pedals) and steering tube/neck.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i've been wanting to do a bamboo bike for a while now, like the one the professor made on gilligans island, just add motor.
Oh, Mary Ann, why were you too old for me??? She even looks good today. Saw her on Leno a couple of years ago and she still turned my crank... :)
Tom