A reminder....

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I posted this a long time ago, but was too lazy to find it.

While you are "port matching" and doing all these other things to try to make your chinese two stroke a "fire breather" (lol!) You will want to check the tip or outlet of the exhaust.

I have found a few that were welded nearly closed when they welded on the "stinger" or outlet pipe. All the port matching and nitrous/"high performance" carbs (again lol) ect. aren't going to do anything if the outlet is welded in there and the weld has closed all but a hole the size of a pencil.

Check it first.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Great heads up...
...if you were looking in the 2 stroke forum. Also, if I forget this fact, I know I can do a search
for "A reminder"
Good title!
Moderators...sheesh! laff

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
I actually drilled it out and went with a bigger outlet pipe. The stock tip is puny welded close or not. The stock tip is actually sitting inside the new bigger tube.

Attachments

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I'm wondering if it can get clogged up somehow? Is it possible that some of the packing material inside one of these could partially clog a pipe and make it just not rev up like it should? I noticed around the bottom of my muffler some oil residue and the performance has been not up to par the past 40 miles or so. Should I drill a new hole in the bottom of the muffler next to the "real tail pipe"???