To Husky or Not To Husky!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
For all of you guys wondering if a Husky frame will work, I have gotten in to contact with them, of course not mentioning that I want to strap a china girl to their lovely frame, and they should be sending me back frame measurements for the lower triangle. Had to draw them a little guide of what measurements I wanted, attached. I will post their measurements for your scrutiny as soon as I get them. Let's hope a 80cc will fit in that hole!

Attachments

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Thanks Fair, I looked heavily in the forum and on google, but have yet to see one done. So I'm going to make sure the engine fits before I order. They responded fast, so I'm hoping for measurements by tomorrow. I thought the Husky Rocks!!! text would get them hopping!!! lol.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I hope, because I hate buying a whole bike and having to throw away what I don't want. Their frames are $85. A little more pricey than a standard beach cruiser frame, but still way less than buying a whole bike or searching for some used frame on ebay. I just like the thought of having a frame that no one else has used, virgin territory I guess you can call it. No one knows what has happen to a used bike's frame. I just wish Worksman would take a hint and sell their frames separate. I really like the space for a gas tank.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I will be curious to see how well an engine fits into a Huskey. I have almost purchased one of their frames a couple times. If the engines a good fit and there is sufficient interest I would consider building in-frame tanks for the Husky.

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Thanks Pat, actually you saved me a PM, cause I was going to ask you if you could make one. The Worksman tanks look so sweet! A Husky one would be great. As soon as I hear back from Husky I will post dimensions, but as of yet.... crickets.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
That would be sweet if Pat could build up a tank for one of these.

My first build was using a Wal-Mart bike. Nothing wrong with the bike and I've got about 800 miles on it now. But, I've changed out the seat, fenders, wheels, tires so the only thing that I've still got of the orginal bike is the frame and handlebars. I would strongly consider a Husky bike with their 11 gauge rear wheel and a drum brake, especially if Pat would consider making a tank for it! In the long run, I think you would be further ahead. IMHO.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Well, its crickets from Husky, not even a FU!!! email back. I've gotten no response in the past few days. Oh well, I'm over it. Maybe time for a stretch frame!!!