Fallbrook Tech (makers of Nuvinci) is awesome!!

GoldenMotor.com

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
I recently had the pleasure of installing a Nuvinci rear hub, and I wrote about the experience in an earlier thread on this forum. I already wrote about how cool the Fallbrook Technologies rep was to me over the phone when I called to request some replacement pieces.

What I didn't write about yet was the rest of the story - I emailed her after I had discovered that I had broken another one of the pieces during that ill-fated installation attempt (yes I am an idiot, and unfortunately I had access to a Dremel-tool that night - which as it turns out is NOT needed for Nuvinici installation), and she has cheerfully sent yet another replacement part without charging me for it at all.

I am very impressed with Fallbrook Technologies' customer service!! Just wanted to pass this happy experience along to the rest of the forum.

(And I did promise to stop using my Dremel-tool on their hub :) ).

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
Dang it a beautiful hub!
I have a shimano nexus 3 speed with my jackshaft assembly and they only last about 9-12 months behind my PK80 as now bearings are making a lil noise (click-click-click)let me know how dependable this new hub is because their not cheap. Good luck and happy riding!.shft.
Mike

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
yes i had the pleasure as well swapping out a out the box seized motor gt5 the bike has an sbp shift kit so it was alot of work to do to just have it not work dang. i installed a pk 80 on it and havent finished but the highlight of the bike is the NuVinci

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
Dang it a beautiful hub!
I have a shimano nexus 3 speed with my jackshaft assembly and they only last about 9-12 months behind my PK80 as now bearings are making a lil noise (click-click-click)let me know how dependable this new hub is because their not cheap. Good luck and happy riding!.shft.
Mike
I got a shimano nexus 3-speed hub and i used it for three days. Then i decided to go down a gravel road with pot holes... well I successfully destroyed the bearings and bent the axle... back to a derailleur for me! (i wish i had the cash for a Nuvinci)