High performance carburators????

GoldenMotor.com

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
dont get the high performance carb... you can get a 16mm carb (the high performance one is still 12mm) for the same price made by dellorto, who used to make carbs for Porsche, so you know theyre good.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm still thinking BILLET INTAKE- and at only about$15 shipped.

It doesn't matter how wide the carb port opening is if it's still reduced by the same size intake.

The ports on the motor have a larger opening than either intake anyway- only a new wider intake, then combined with a wider carb port would seem to make a difference in mixure flow.

I don't think there's yet a billet intake made larger to accomodate larger ports, but I could be wrong.

If I'd seen the CNS for $40 awhile back, I might have ordered one- but I think I'd have clearance problems on my Micargi Cruiser- Spooky includes an extra long offset intake- placing the carb even farther from the motor.

The billet I bought from Pirates is as wide as the motor ports on that side, and close to the motor- it seems to give a lot better performance with the old carb. Still haven't tried the new NTS, but this week probably-

The CNS carb may have real clearance problems especially with the billet intake- but I've seen pictures of builds here using both. THe stock and new NTS carbs barely clear my frame now that the carbs been lowered with the billet intake.

Attachments