Clutch problem

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
So I just fixed one of my boys with a kit... install went great... started riding it... it went great... then all of a sudden (after about a mile) the throttle isn't making the bike go faster... just makes it rev up.... come to a stop, and don't have the clutch in.... still running.... everything is mounted correctly... lever is functioning... you can see it moving the rod through the clutch sprocket (I don't know the lingo) and it still springs out. I don't know anything about the clutches... but everything seems just fine (i.e. lever, cable, clutch arm, etc.) but it is PERFORMING like the clutch handle is squeezed in (don't know if that is considered engaged or disengaged). Any input on this would be helpful... really don't want to buy another one just to fix this issue....

Thanks in advance guys

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Don't want to waste another thread on myself.... Having another issue (different bike).... oil is coming from the end of the muffler.... the end is black.... i haven't seen this before.. is this somewhat normal?

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
Don't want to waste another thread on myself.... Having another issue (different bike).... oil is coming from the end of the muffler.... the end is black.... i haven't seen this before.. is this somewhat normal?
It is very normal if you are running too rich. What is your mix ratio? What does your plug look like?

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
As for the fuel... it was 16:1... I just told him to swap to 24:1.... it's a friend that lives across town, so i can't check it myself.... ill ask about the plug

As for the clutch.... that's just the thing... nothing seems amiss.... and it won't engage.... it's like it's stuck in neutral (we took our time before hitting the kill switch when it happened....Won't start now because it won't engage)

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Try taking you cable off and see if it will engage, all it take is a tiny bit of presure on the clutch arm to make tohe clutch slip if the cable is to tight, and 16:1 is way rich i run 24:1 during break in and then i thin it way out but a lot of guys like 32:1 with a normal synthetic oil, Good luck and welcome to the forumn!!!