What is the most comfortable bike seat for tender tuberosities?

GoldenMotor.com

mifletz

Aug 25, 2009
israel
The seat that came with the mountain bike gave me a tender posterior. I replaced it with a wide padded seat from an exercise bike. It is much better.

But is there any bike seat that causes no pain at all?

Are any of these new types any good?

kahnowerh

Oct 26, 2009
Washington, District of Columbia
I just bought one of these puppies:

I would have preferred something cheaper, but I was at a bike store picking up some replacement brakes and my butt was still vibrating.
It cuts the vibrations a ton, when I'm actually sitting on the meaty part of the seat. I have a mountain bike, so the geometry keeps me towards the front of the seat. I need some handlebars that will reach closer to me.

... and it's got air-conditioning too.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
those seats remind me of mid evil devices well kind of. I've wondered about the last one there with the slot as how comfortable it is? I've seen that one at Walmart and wondered about it.
I'll bet any of them are are better than the seat post old Benny Hill used to sit on when he'd go to get on his bike and the seat would fall off and on to the post he'd go! That had to hurt and probably left a mark on things,laff man and machine.

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
the seats you pictured are very pricy and are made very poorly,a good duel density foam or gel cruiser saddle is ten times better than those three.

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
I recived my air seat it comes in several versions. I did not want to get one that was too small so I got the Limo. Looks dumb in the pictures, Butt is a real quailty product and is cool when you get it. Have not had a chance to use it Butt am willing to bet it is the most comfortable seat out there. Pump is small and easy to use. One end lets the air out the other end puts air in. The pump is the size of what they use for doing your blood pressure.

kahnowerh

Oct 26, 2009
Washington, District of Columbia
the seats you pictured are very pricy and are made very poorly,a good duel density foam or gel cruiser saddle is ten times better than those three.
as for the priciness, oh yeah. but, hey, i was out in boonies searching for seats and in pain...
desperate times call for desperate measures.

I've wondered about the last one there with the slot as how comfortable it is?
it's a heck of a lot better than the stock.
it doesn't have suspension of any kind, but it dampens the vibrations very well. it's comfortable when,, like i said, i sit back on the meaty part (bike geometry isn't optimum).

(And, to be a little more personal, i have had some painful times with undercarriage pressure/pain when i rode my road bike to commute. ill adjusted seat and sitting too much on a skinny seat. this one is quite the opposite. no man's land floats on clouds—and there's a nice breeze, if you're into that sort of thing.)

now all i need is some thick scholls to get rid of the feet vib's.

ride- that sounds cool. do you have a brand/pic/price?
i'm willing to return this seat if i can find the definitive cushy seat. save receipts :)

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I recived my air seat it comes in several versions. I did not want to get one that was too small so I got the Limo. Looks dumb in the pictures, Butt is a real quailty product and is cool when you get it. Have not had a chance to use it Butt am willing to bet it is the most comfortable seat out there. Pump is small and easy to use. One end lets the air out the other end puts air in. The pump is the size of what they use for doing your blood pressure.
I bought a air seat similar to that.It is very comfortable but it won't hold air more than 5 minutes!

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
Its (The Pump Seat) search for it. Does not look like junk to me. Cover is washable and fits well on the Limo. I am still willing to bet on it. After riding in a sport boat and your back was bleading we would sit on the boat bumpers filled with air took all the pain away, works every time. If the seat were to lose air that would be a drag. Then you call the person who made it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just don't buy one of these because they look neat. They're hard as rocks and kill the old rear end. My wife bought this one for me and I felt obligated to use it. Wally World, $20.00.
Tom

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm tellin' ya... the seat i recommended in my first post;

Pyramid Cruiser Saddle With Springs Black | BikepartsUSA

this thing rules. i've got NO BUTT PAIN whatsoever. it's not a crappy gel seat that oozes away from your sensitive areas, it's not some fancy, useless design. it's awesome. it's 10"wide, and it's like the lazyboy of saddles...

i've owned hundreds of bikes, with hundreds of seats, and the only thing that comes close, is my hi-dollar Brooks B66.

for 17 bucks you can't go wrong...

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
For both price and availability, I've got a couple of Bell cruiser saddles from Wal-Mart. Dual springs, fairly wide and padded, leather cover, and only about $16 .
On that note - I've the Schwinn cruiser saddle from wallyworld and although it's quite comfy it's made poorly - they even missed a weld on the spring support...

Not a huge surprise given where I got it, but I figured I'd warn ya'll ;)