“Black & Blue” My 2nd bike

GoldenMotor.com

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
She started life as a pampered Raleigh Retro Glide 7 that was an elderly gentleman’s exercise bike that I found on Craigslist when he passed away.

I cannibalized the engine from my first bike and slowly started adding upgrades. Some of the most notable are-

Spooky tooth – 67cc engine - CNS carburetor
Sick Bike Parts - shift kit – expansion chamber exhaust- dual brake levers – rear kick stand – frame mount
Maniac Mechanic – clutch actuator
Gas Bike – slant head
Norm’s Lights – Headlight
eBay- Pagsta Mini Chopper Tank

Black & Blue 1
Black & Blue 2
Black & Blue 3

I have a few things still to do but I figured she was far enough along to show..shft.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Nice build, just an FYI on your Shift Kit installation. You have mounted your chainrings incorrectly. The large chainring should go outside of the freewheel flange. This increases the distance between the chainrings reducing the chance of the chains touching in the higher gears. Other than that, excellent looking bike. Love the tank.

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Nice build, just an FYI on your Shift Kit installation. You have mounted your chainrings incorrectly. The large chainring should go outside of the freewheel flange.
Ghost0- can you post a picture or diagram of what it should be like? I haven't touched the bike for a while and with out it in front of me, I'm not sure mean. Thanks

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I have attached a photo but to put it in words the two chainrings should go on either side of the mounting flange on the freewheel. So your stack up from outside to the center of the bike should go as follows. 44t chainring, freewheel flange, spacers, 36t chainring, nuts. Let me know if it is still unclear.

Attachments