Need Help Badly....

GoldenMotor.com

850motorizedbikeboi

Sep 5, 2009
crestview, fla
HELLO EVERYONE, IM NEW TO THIS, AND I REALLY LOVE THIS SITE VERY HELPFUL INFO... BUT NOW ITS MY TURN, I NEED HELP I INSTALLED MY MOTOR ON MY BIKE, EVERYTHING IS HOOKED UP CORRECTLY... WELL AT LEAST I HOPE SO........ WELL ONCE I START PEDDLIN TO GET THE MOTOR STARTED IT TRIES TO JUMP OFF I CAN FEEL IT, BUT NOTHING......... AND IN ORDER FOR ME TO FEEL THE ENGINE JUMP OFF I HAVE TO PEDDLE AT MASSIVE SPEED...... NEED HELP, BURNING MY LIL BODY OUT!!......LOL WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?.bld.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Jump off?
A few things to check.
when the clutch is disengaged as in neutral does the bike roll freely?
You must make or be sure that all your gaskets are sealing properly if not... no bang bang! its suggested by some to put a thin coat of rtv on both sides of the intake and exhaust gaskets also the carb to manifold joint can leak.
what fuel mixture you runnin if 16:1 maybe change to 20-24:1 just to rule out a lean fuel mix (clean the carb also)
Sure its wired correctly black to black, green/blue to green/blue(dunn about the kill wire i dont have one)
still no bang bang then maybe a magneto or cdi
Read the archives everything is in here.
good luck
steve

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Push the tickler (primer button) for 3 seconds, give it half choke (pull the lever up) and then try it.

Hit the cap lock button on your keyboard while your at it willya?

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Your story sounds familiar.
I bought my motorized bicycle kit for the pedaling aid it offered.
When going home after exercising my heart.
My fuel tank was painted with a gelatin type paint.
That gasoline turned back into gelatin inside the tank
Clogging the fuel petcock.
I finally cleaned out the tank properly.
Find a huge hill with no traffic.
You need air fuel and spark.
Do what Bikeguy Joe says.

The first time I started this thing it required so much exercise.
I was set for a week on my calories output.

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
air leaks, check, also on a 2 stroke it is possible to have crankcase flooding as the crank is part of the intake, is the plug wet? that can take some time to clear up as the gas in the crank can evaporate and leave the oil, i have had to put a match to the crank to burn it out, by pulling either manifold off, look at the plug and tell us what you see, i mean right after you have tried to start it

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Frank!!! You put a match to it????? I'm glad you're on the western side of the mountains from me. As small as Ridgeway is, you could have wiped out the whole town. :)
Tom

850motorizedbikeboi

Sep 5, 2009
crestview, fla
thank for all your help, i finally got it running....... i changed the cdi on my engine and it fired up like a champ. one other thing though...... when i squeeze the clutch while engine is running it revs up very high?.... what do i adjust?