first motorized bicycle pics

GoldenMotor.com

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Re: first mb pics

Looks a bit like my Mamba. I like what you did with the chain tension and kickstand combination. I might give that a try.

Nice

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

if you look closer the original kick stand that came with the bike snapped off when i tried to bend it, because it wouldn't hold up the bike properly, resulting in me dropping a couple times when working on it. i was gonna buy a new center kick stand, but the bolt is rusted on and wont budge!

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, I can see it in the first pic. Well I don't have to worry about the kickstand anymore. I traded my bike for a broken Jaguar with and an 80cc.

Any issues with the the kickstand being that far back?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

You've built a nice looking bike. Simple and clean and the install looks sound.
Here's a link to a center stand that I've had very good luck with. Electric Bike Accessory - Heavy duty kickstand A bit pricy but holds the weight of a Motorized Bicycle just fine. Have you tried some heat on that rusted bolt? It looks like an aluminum mount? The steel bolt might loosen if you apply a little heat to the mount. Ride careful, have fun.
Tom

Last edited:

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

how long did you ride before it started getting slower?

will the carb that comes with the 50cc work with the 66cc engine? im thinking ill buy just the engine and keep everything else.

eisle89

Jun 16, 2008
El Paso, Texas

Nice work there Mike. Nothing personal Mike but I see a lot of people putting the chain adjuster
on the motored chain side. With more than a few stories about the stock adjuster rotating into the spokes at speed and ruining a perfectly nice day why everyone continues this practice ? I cut the chain to a length that allows me to tighten the motor side with the axle and run the slack adjuster if still needed on the pedal side.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA

nice build mike, like how you did the kickstand, i always have problems with the kickstands on my personal bike, its always tipping on me :D eisle: i had my own personal discovery of doing without the idler when the idler wheel itself came off, and i was never able to find it again, yet had the tension nice and tight like your set up you have. BTW, is that anodized parts on for your clutch cover,magneto, and clutch swing arm assembly?