Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Anyone here try to replace the rear muffler segment on a pocket bike expansion chamber with the stock muffler or a sausage mower muffler.I guess you would sacrifice a little performance.How much?I would like to run a little quieter without giving up too much.Thanks Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I tried packing the muffler with choreboy steel mesh....worked great for sound, but cut the power waaaay down. I haven't experimented much with it since.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Ive done something like what jezusjonz did to his muffler but my exhaust pipe was different. Mine has a thin tube connected to the tip of the exhaust that forces the gasses to travel much about three times the length of the muffler, i bought a longer screw for the exhaust tip and put a spring between the tip and the baffles. Now a brake line connected to a lever holds the muffler closed and when i get away from residential areas i can hit the lever and go.

Anyone who says that removing the exhaust just makes noise has obviously never tried it. I was very impressed with the power and quick response of the engine with the muffler disengaged.