bad Throttle Problem

GoldenMotor.com

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
so i have had my stinger 66cc for a few months now i use it every day its roughly about 600 km on engine now i recently bought a speedy carb the red one it worked great for the past month i added a shiftkit it was still working good but i had to modify the top the red plastic on the carb filter cover it fell off eventually still rode fine home i lost it on my way home... i changed and put in a new derailer for the bike and tried to use it again now it doesnt want to run properly at 1st it was like i can get it up to about 20km\h then it would just bog n sit at that speed now it will start up but wont stay started unless its choke is turned on then it runs like its full throttle without touching the throttle and if u turn off the choke its almost like it floods it im kinda thinking the float but its doing the same thing on both my carbs?? so i dunno thinking its something else not the carb but i dont know what

:-||

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'm wondering if you sucked a piece of the broken filter into the engine - maybe caused a seal to leak or bearing to bind.

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
I'm wondering if you sucked a piece of the broken filter into the engine - maybe caused a seal to leak or bearing to bind.
the engine still runs fine its just like the throttle is stuck on full the entire filter cover fell off and was only 2 weeks old so i doubt any of the filter was coming apart it was the screws came lose and it came out on the ride home its throttle or carb related im thinking the engine still sounds and runs fine other then the gas problem

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'm now wondering if you actually looked at the slide to see if it was going all the way down when you released the throttle.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
MBRacing is correct here, do what he has suggested and look for an air leak, you hwve a serious lean run condition, should be a simple fix.

Best wishes, hope you get it sorted out quickly and Merry Christmas.

Map
.wee.

BuddyVape

Dec 5, 2013
canada
hello was a air leak the carb was getting air in through the intake section the engine was raised a bit from the shiftkit i had installed and i guess put the cartborator out of alignment by a couple mm dance1