I just bought the real deal

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I've been absent for a while (working my brains out. At one point I was at a 51 day stretch without any days off) My goal was to buy a real Indian motorcycle to share the roof with the one I made. Well I did it. After a LOT of hard work and getting my pre-payment in early I have one of the first editions of the new 2014 Indian Chiefs. Mine is a black Indian Chief Vintage model, and is numbered #717 out of #1901 (first year the Indian Motorcycle Company was formed) I just picked it up on tuesday of last week.
The looks of the layout and engine are cosmetically based on a 1948 model. The new Power Stroke 111 cubic inch engine is currently the largest v-twin made (1840 cc) It's a torque monster.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Wonderful! - so they're making Indians again. I've only ever ridden an Indian once when a friend let me borrow his WW2 Army Indian for an afternoon. A truly great bike and my only regret was that when he came to sell it I couldn't afford to buy it.

Congratulations on your new bike, after all those days of hard work it must feel like Christmas has come at last.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Sweet. Nice brown leather and fender skirts.

Gotta love it! I just bought a 2013 Triumph Bonneville that looks like it was made in the 60's.

Back to the past - :)

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Now that's a nice machine! Living in Gilroy, where the last most recent Indian factory was located, the town was sorry to see them go. I was able to watch all the Indians come out of the factory for a quick shake down before they shipped. Nice to see them back in action and that you actually bought one!!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Now that's a nice machine! Living in Gilroy, where the last most recent Indian factory was located, the town was sorry to see them go. I was able to watch all the Indians come out of the factory for a quick shake down before they shipped. Nice to see them back in action and that you actually bought one!!
The Gilroy bikes were nice, but the bottom line was there were not a lot of people that could plunk down $50k for a bike. In its new incarnation you can buy 2 for that.