EMERGENCY! lol, need new sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
So I currently have a Howard adapter which only fits the older huffy hubs and accepts the kit sprockets. I've thrown almost $100 at my current wheel in an effort to continue being able to use my howard adapter, but this huffy wheel is just not working out. I have a Wheelmaster wheel which the Howard adapter wont fit, but will take a manic or pirate adapter. So I need a manic or pirate adapter with a 44t sprocket. If you have an adapter you can sell me used for less than what a new one costs and include a 44t sprocket, that would be great. I can paypal the money tomorrow when I deposit my paycheck, and will give you my paypal email in advance so that you can send me an invoice. Need the adapter shipped out priority mail tomorrow if possible, and willing to do up to about $65 shipped. Send me a pm if you've got something, and please make sure that the adapter and sprocket are in good condition before shipping. My bike is my transportation to work, and I can not afford to waste money on a broken part. Thank you.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
If no one has one to sell, I'll be ordering one from a vendor tomorrow. Just thought I would throw that out there. This is a very good opportunity for someone to make a quick sale if interested. Just saying.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Like I said, I can give a member here a fair $65 for a used adapter, or I can give a vendor $100 tomorrow. Either way I need an adapter soon, so if anyone wants to make a quick sale, post something useful. Otherwise, I'll order a new one.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Well, at about $95 shipped, it looks like Sportsman has the best deal on an adapter with 44t sprocket. I'm pretty set on ordering it, so if no one offers me a better deal by the time I get my paycheck deposited tomorrow, I'll be ordering that one. And I've got to be honest, it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to make me turn down the Sportsman adapter.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
Well, it doesn't look like anyone's got a better deal. I'll be ordering the Sportsman adapter in just a few minutes.
...hey man, have you called Lynn at CustomMotoredBicycles? ...she has the Manic Mechanic adapter listed with a 40 tooth sprocket for $77.00, ... if you call her she is very accommodating and would likely send you a 44t for the same buck if she has one, ...which i expect she would.

CustomMotoredBicycles

hth, bozo

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thanks for the tip bozo, but I actually like the Sportsman adapter better anyway. Its a 3 piece design, which the manic is only a two piece design.

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I'm happy with my SS adapter. Fits well and you can really crank on the bolts. Having the countersunk screws on the sprocket means it can be that much closer to the brake arm too.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Yeah, I noticed all that when I looked at the adapter on his site. I like all the features his adapter comes with. I just hope he ships quickly. I really kinda need the adapter by Wednesday at the latest.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
http://mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm

$40.oo for adaptor only (large) fits my hubs Falcon, Hi Stop and Shimano cbe-110
$67.oo for adaptor & sprocket, mechanically I see no difference in mechanical function between the MM and SF adaptors only in install design & application.
You can also call and order over the phone,# is listed on the website

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Right, I'm just saying that they only list 40t and 48t sprockets with the adapters. I'll give them a call in the morning and see if they can do a 44t sprocket. The only main difference between manic and sportsman is the countersunk sprocket bolts, and sportsman's is a 3 piece design. But an adapter is an adapter to me. Right now, manic seems to have the best price, so I'll give them a shot. The large adapter with 48t sprocket (not the size I need, but they would likely do a 44t for the same price) is $73, and shipping is $12.95. That comes to $85.95, and is by far the best price I've seen so far.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
You can always counter sink/flare and get bolts at Homedepot for 89 cents each done it a lot no big deal and no real time involved.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I ordered a 44t sprocket from bikeberry. Was going to order the small bolt circle adapter from manic, but the description reads that the small bolt circle will only fit rims with 14g spokes. Anybody know how accurate that is? I kinda only have enough money to order the small bolt circle, as the large bolt circle adapter is $3 more. Sounds kinda stupid I know, but I have another part I'd like to order, and that $3 will prevent me from ordering the other part that I want. But if it can work, I'll order the small circle adapter. I dont really see the difference, roughly same amount of space where the spokes cross, unless there is something else I am missing.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Nevermind. Manic website says that 26" rims with standard 36 spokes can use either the large or small adapter, so I ordered the small. Was also able to order the other parts that I wanted. for a total of $109.15, I was able to order the manic adapter from manic,s website, a 44t sprocket for the manic adapter from bikeberry, and heavier shoes for my clutch from a member of a minibike forum I visit (my engine is from a minibike). I'd say I made out better on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.