Jul 16, 2013
PA
Price:$800
Address:Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 520-6115
Description: Honda GX35 Giant

Bicycle: Giant with street tires.
Drive Type: roller.

Engine: Honda GX35, gasoline powered, 4 stroke. Choke, primer, and on/off switch. Gas and oil are separate (not mixed).
Tank Capacity: about 1/10 gallon.
120 MPG (miles per gallon)
15 miles to the tank
30.5 MPH (top speed, down hill)
23 - 25 MPH (top speed, flat land)
14 - 18 MPH (average speed)

Other Features:
- Double kick stand
- 2 Mirrors
- Front head light (steady or flash)
- Rear light (steady, flash, and other)
- Speedometer (measures current speed, time, top speed, C02 emissions, and more)
- Original manuals and receipts included

This is not a kit, the motor is already assembled on the bike. It is only 7-8 months old/used. It still works very well and is still UNDER WARRANTY until the end of the year. This was purchased at "Wheel" on 26th St. Warranty work for the bike is done at the bike shop and warranty work needed for the engine is done at Gerlach's Power Equipment. I originally paid $1,000 for this including accessories. I am asking a little less due to the use/age of the bike. It still works very well.

Attachments

kakashi_12

Jul 16, 2013
PA
I will also consider a SWAP for one that is converted to a moped and made street legal and ready to go. For those of you that know how to build these yourself.

If I can't get a buyer or a swapper, I am possibly considering paying someone for this to meet criteria for Subchapter J to be able to pass inspection if I can not sell it.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I can't see any reason that anyone would trade a street legal registered bike for your unregistered bike. Considering what it costs to register these bikes in PA, they would be losing money if they did. Also, while its understandable that you paid for labor and want to recoup some of that money, its not worthwhile for someone to buy a pre-built bike at labor costs when its much cheaper to build it themselves, which most on this site do. I'm betting that if you do find a buyer, it will be someone who would rather spend the extra money to buy something pre-built. I am curious as to why if you've been driving it for almost a year, why you are selling it now due to difficulty in getting it registered. Have you been pulled over recently? If you haven't, there is no reason not to keep driving it. I live in Lebanon, PA and the same state laws apply to me. I have been driving these bikes unregistered for 4 years, and only pulled over once in a town I did not live or work in. I was given a warning and sent on my way. I pass cops several times a week, and they don't even blink as I ride past at 30mph. If you haven't been pulled over on any of the routes you normally commute on by now, then I seriously doubt if you will. Just my $0.02.

kakashi_12

Jul 16, 2013
PA
I was considering the 'trade' option because if I can't sell it for the price I paid then maybe i can trade it to someone who has done a few of these builds and does not mind converting them to legal after doing so many.

I actually bought this bike. That's why the price is steep. I did not build it myself. I originally paid a grand for it.

Yes, I have been pulled over. Once. And it was on my normal route.