gearbox noise

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I have a 49cc with a stage 3 gearbox. I'm just getting it up and running. When I engage the clutch, at idle, there is a pretty definate engagement sound- CLUNK! So new I don't know how it's supposed to sound. A walkthrough of the process would help 1)start engine 2)pedal up to xx speed etc. Any help is appreciated!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You'll probably need to give us a little more information. Now that we know how big it is and what stage the gear box is, what kind of motor do you have? What kind of gear box? What kind of clutch?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Forget engaging it with the lever.You need to make it so it is engaged at all times.If you don't it will destroy the gears teeth.Do some searching in the 4 stroke section.So you will be getting rid of the locking lever and rigging it up down by the gearbox with the cable being pulled and secured.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
biknut- HauSwaun or some such thing, Grubee gearbox, stock clutch (replaced unknown miles ago- works)
MotoMags- I've read some about that. Concerned about proper operation. Not clear what that is yet, so it's difficult to make decisions. Unfortunately- fortunately? my gearbox is stuck in the engaged position after my test ride today. I will read more and follow your advice once I understand it.
Thanks for the replies!