Another layback seatpost question

GoldenMotor.com

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Much better and thank you for the information.
Thanks for the heads up Maurtis. I am one of the type people that loves doing things myself. I'm not very creative but I can take an idea and run with it. It helps to see what other people are doing but I still rather do things my way. I am probably gonna just cut the top off my seat post and ust two "straps/bars" to move the top part a few inches to the rear and weld it up. I'm saving a lot of pictures when working on this thing and will post what I come up with when i get it done. Don't really want to start a new thread till then because there are a lot of things that are getting changed as I go along and this way will make a thread that is a lot easier to follow and understand. I'm using the HF 99cc engine and gonna be a friction drive with the motor in the frame and a jackshaft driving the rear tire.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
This should be plenty sturdy. My dad welded in die cast shops his whole career. As for price, free pipe he had laying around his work shed. My favorite price! Thanks for the references though. Never know who might need those.

Thanks for the headlight and horn comments. The headlight sports a LED that is just going into production. It's 450 or so lumens (I can't remember exactly) and retrofits into the halogen reflector. Still finishing up the wiring.

Attachments