my 80cc(66cc) cruiser build

GoldenMotor.com

matman55

May 27, 2012
MIMS,FL
I am going to take a 2010 huffy beach cruiser and put a 2011 grubee skyhawk
on it with(and im still debating this)a SBP shifter kit(maby).i have a very uniqe way of geting the main engine started.ill explain it in steps
1.ill kick start my 31cc weed wacker motor that is powering the back wheel via friction drive .cs.
2.ill get up to speed of that motor
3.then i will realese the clutch and let the main engine kick in
4.i will then kill the small engine
5.i will take off ! .duh.

I came up with this idea when i droped my bike from the rafters and i bent the sprocket rendering it useless.so now ill just kick start it with another engine!!!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Hmmm...

I LOVE starting my bike with by peddling, and popping the clutch. I (and this is only my opinion) think you are doing too much just to start the engine. I mean, start a weedwacker, ride for a bit, pop the clutch, then start the main engine, then shut down the friction drive??

I am going to buy a pull start for my 66 cc, anyways. I think you should look at them. My buddy has a pull start on his 49 cc, and I LOVE the way it starts. He can start it, and let it idle and get warm before we ride. I just think it's a good idea for these bikes (I'd prefer a kick start, too).

Anyways, man. Good luck with your "new way" of starting the bike. I just think it's better to keep it simple..

Take care

matman55

May 27, 2012
MIMS,FL
yeah,i dont really want to mess with installing andthing else on that motor. if i do the warranty will become void and i dont want to do that.but puting something like a pull start and perferabley a kick start is a really good idea.i just did the whole weed wacker start thing cause the bike could no longer be used as a Chain drive bike.But i am thinking about puting the 66cc motor on my point beach schwine cruiser...

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
just my opinion,but i think i would just replace the bent sprocket,as far as the warranty goes its a joke,pull start is ok but you will prob have to change the crank for wider ones there by also changing your bent sprocket.its a easy fix compared to what your sugesting.jmo,good luck and peace.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
just my opinion,but i think i would just replace the bent sprocket,as far as the warranty goes its a joke,pull start is ok but you will prob have to change the crank for wider ones there by also changing your bent sprocket.its a easy fix compared to what your sugesting.jmo,good luck and peace.
+1 on the crank.