Wishful Thinking

GoldenMotor.com

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Hi All

I just picked up a NOS 70's bicycle speedometer at a thrift shop . It measures up to 60 mph . ..... D.J.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
It's a pretty standard gear drive unit . There is no way that it could handle 60 mph . ..... D.J.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL

I BOUGHT THIS 60'S SPEEDO AND WHEN I GOT ABOVE 30 THE METAL FINGERS YOU PUT IN THE SPOKES ON THE SENDING UNIT BENT STRAIGHT SO I HAD TO ZIP TIE THEM TO THE SPOKES UP FRONT . COME TO THINK OF IT THOSE ARE THE ONLY ZIP TIES ON MY BIKE .

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Wow! I had that exact speedo "Capri" on my Schwinn in 1970! Strange how something I haven't even thought about for 38 years just jumps out . Thanks for that blast from the past!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I never had good luck with the mechanical speedometer's on my bike and have gone through 2 of them! the vibrations make the needle jump all over the place and gives you a false speed and then leads to false mileage. I like the wired digitals the best and the chrome cruiser I have I used a old school speedo housing , took out the guts and replaced with a digital speedo inside and I get accurate speeds and mileage and still retain that old school look.