DAX New Gear Box Yes !!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
New Copyrighted Gear box by DAX. Works great for 4 stroke in frame kits and other kits that need 5cm or 2 inch offset. After thousands of miles testing, it is now ready for sale. No longer does any one need to dish out hundreds of dollars for a decent gear box. This gear box is a take off of the pocket bike gear boxes that have been used and raced for many years. It has been changed or modified to fit our 4 stroke in frame kits. The beauty of this gear box is that it uses existing technology which makes it affordable. Since it is a 3:1 reduction, you should also go with the rear 72T 8mm sprocket and 8mm chain and gear box sprocket of your choice. Since it is 8mm drive, the 72T rear uses no more real estate than a 44 or 48T sprocket in 1/2 drive. By using 8mm, you will get better performance, better clearance, and better ratios since you can get gear box sprockets of 11T, 14T, 17T and 20T. No more changing rear sprockets to get the ratios you need. Simply swap out the gear box sprocket and that is all ! No kidding. It is fantastic. Also.. You can make the gear box into a wet gear box by pulling it apart and using gasket maker to seal the 2 half, and then drill a hole and add 7cc of motor oil and then plug your hole. Any way.. At $39.99.. These new Gear boxes will sell fast.. Here is the link to the page where you can find them.. Enjoy the ride... ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2

Last edited:

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I am warming up to this gearbox the more time goes by. If there were reliable freewheel output sprockets available, that would save a ton of money vs. trying to get a freewheel setup at the rear wheel. That and a Manic adaptor for the rear sprocket would make a nice cheap solid unit - on paper. I wonder if the Staton freewheel sprockets, IF they are any good, could be made to fit the splined shaft?

Does someone here have this DAX gearbox that they could offer a review on? For me, this box has to be quiet before I would purchase.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Would the ratio calculator http://jimsitton.net/ratiocalc/ be accurate with this 72 tooth gear? It really is about the same diameter as a 44t.
Diameter does not matter when you are calculating ratios
using toothed sprockets or a toothed belt like on a Grubee 4G.
Input the # of teeth into the boxes.

Only use diameter measurements with belt driven pulley sheaves.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes.. It was a typo.. Sorry about that. They are 39.99 stand alone. Or you can buy the packaged deal on the main page. 1 year warranty. Also.. You can see in the picture, the 72T in 8mm is about the same Diameter as a 48T 1/2 in sprocket. So.. this 72T will not take up much real estate. It is nice for sure. Current 72T are made in Steel. Enjoy the ride.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
It looks like I would have to cut off part of my shaft on my HS 142F to get this gearbox on? Also, it is mentioned that the output shaft extends out 2 inches. The gear on my Hoot is only about an inch. I can't tell from the pics if your sprocket will travel up the shaft that far.