Anybody up to bulilding a Jackshaft BMP replica?

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I am tired of waiting for BMP to "return???" and am trying to part the Jackshaft kit out with your help. I am not finding a certain drive sprocket though. I have been finding bearings and most of the other parts though. My biggest expense will be the C channel for the mounting portions I figure. I almost bought the 699 chain kit but I never get return emails from Dave so here it goes. I promise to see this through, would like a little help though.. :) This will be easy to maintain as well once finished!

I like this set up because I can weld to the C channel and expand the bikes purpose as I have done in the past. Also if BMP ever comes back online I can just get parts there if needed.

.flg.

It's all here on these pages.. Scroll down on both to see the specs.
Kits of the past
About our Bicycle Engine Kits

Parts no longer offered
BICYCLE ENGINE PARTS, MOTORIZED BICYCLE PARTS

Cheapo clutch drum (is it even threaded?) any other suggestions to replace this one with the 1/2" shaft?

"78mm clutch drum with 1/2" stainless steel
drive shaft"

1/2" BEARINGS (pair)

I found the 5/8" center ones here.. Go Kart Galaxy-Wheel Bearings, Rod End Bearings

But no 1/2" ones. There is a wonderful site USA Bearings and Belts but they are not easy to navigate for a novice.

Gokartgalaxy also has the chain here (scroll) #420 10ft. Box w/Connecting Link 4035-10 $22.00

However, Northern tool is a little cheaper here..

I would prefer chain but may have to go belt as pulleys will be easier to find.
Here is the belt size listed.

3/16 keystock made in USA

.flg.

Could this be the same sprocket as the one shown here? It looks like the center is not yet drilled to 5/8"

Needed ---> "JACKSHAFT SPROCKET 27 tooth #41 "B" type sprocket. 5/8" ID with set screws and 3/16" keyway"

I did see the http://www.bikemotorparts.com/drivesprocket.jpg 8 tooth #41 "B" type sprocket. 5/8" ID with set screws and 3/16" broached key here -----> 4-475 - Drive Sprocket 41 Chain 9T 5/8" Bore for the chain drive set up.

1/2"-Double Split Shaft Collar 5/8"-Double Split Shaft Collar

Jackshafts & Jackshaft Kits

If any of this stuff I am posting is complete junk compared to the original specs please let me know. I still need a link to C channel and some of the support rods.. I can channel new stock and bore holes through it with milling machine.

So my want list is C channel for LONG or STANDARD FRAME BRACKET and ENGINE CHANNEL 1/2" BEARINGS with retaining ring. Also REAR SUPPORT BARS should they be aluminum to absorb shock better? http://www.bikemotorparts.com/QR.jpg will also be needed but can be made from steel tubing and extra long quick release? The rest seems pretty easy.

Taking a break for now. I will try and make this post look pretty when I am all done if editing is allowed at that time.

Attachments

Last edited: