Riquimbili at Yahoo Groups

GoldenMotor.com

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Yep, Yahoo now has a Yahoo Group for those interested in Riquimbili's and otherwise motorized bicycles. There wasn't one already existing there and
part of the motive in creating it was to lead some more people here to motorizedbicycling com.

Take a look at it, and those selling motor kits, gears, oils, etc post your links, and everyone interested in the DIY/Riquimbili movement consider joining in every now and then. Alot of people surf thru Yahoo Groups who may not have heard of this site yet. So this can help expand the awareness of motorbicycling.

ricknbilly : Riquimbili Motorbicycles

So.....give it a look !

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Glad to see ya come onboard Fairracing. All the place needs is some posting going on in it to tantalize noob's to check this forum out. I'll still need to promote it to get some people and traffic on there and keep Yahoo happy. :D

But if done right it could be a Billboard on the info super highway for Motorbicycling com. (and some of our members who market bike goodies)

I mentioned Spanish speaking members would be welcome, but it would be good to have some bi lingual members who could do a little translating here and there.
Fortunately Spanish, Portuguese , and Itallian languages are quite similar. In our western hemisphere Spanish and Portuguese are the other most common languages to English.

So if some of our members here would be willing to go post some general stuff over there it would lead those finding the place here for more detailed and specific info. Yahoo will likely see that it's new & different and if it looks like it's a hit right off the bat will probably make an effort to promote it some.
Especially since BGJ mentioned the Riquimbili article in Yahoo Buzz. Their web masters will see it and wonder what the heck......hey boss, here's something new ! So if we push it a little while it's new they will think it's hot. And if it gets new members and the group census looks like it's growing they'll be eager at Yahoo when I submitt it to "Best of Y Groups".

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I went into the Havana Journal last night and posted on the Riquimbili story mentioning the Yahoo group. Anyone who googles Riquimbili will see the Havana
Journal entry and if they read the story will see the responses to the story at the bottom of the article. (then they will see the Motorbicycling links and messages when they click on the link for the Yahoo group)

I'm looking of other places to ask questions about Riquimbili's to lead to the Yahoo group. But the idea is to spread the word "Riquimbili" around to where the news media picks up on it.

Today CNN Headline news is showing a bicycle story of "freak bikes" or "Circus bikes" as they were called in the old days. It would be nice if some of us here would go at CNN asking about Riquimbili's. I think that could do alot to wake people up to motorized bikes, 200mpg fuel milage, and owning the vehicle that could do this for them that pays for itself in a couple weeks. (that's the low end motorized bike or "American Riquimbili" after it's Cuban namesake. )

I was hoping to get "Edge" over there as he's a young Cuban lad with a couple of his own Riquimbili's. When he could get some photos of his own work up that would be excellent. He's bi lingual, mechanically inclined and would be an excellent person to have on board should some curious Cubans arrive. (which I'd like nothing more than that to happen) I checked out some forums in the UK also and the "blokes" there seemed baffled by these machines comparing them to Harley Davidsons. They seemed more aroused by the thoughts of cheap rum and fine Cuban Cigars.

So if everyone can think to do it.....try to work the word "Riquimbili" into their slang, daily conversation somehow, and drop the term around the bicycle shops. If at lunch with the coworkers....mention a story you read about this guy with a motorized bike he claims to get 200 mpg on called a Riquimbili. Sooner or later the public curiousty will ignite.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Well as promised I returned as soon as my "guests" departed. I have found that Spirit and the Will to be better than the rest, are very needed in real life. I would like to Thank eDJ for his efforts, and a Job well done. Saddletramp. :ride2:

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
I went into the Havana Journal last night and posted on the Riquimbili story mentioning the Yahoo group. Anyone who googles Riquimbili will see the Havana
Journal entry and if they read the story will see the responses to the story at the bottom of the article. (then they will see the Motorbicycling links and messages when they click on the link for the Yahoo group)

I'm looking of other places to ask questions about Riquimbili's to lead to the Yahoo group. But the idea is to spread the word "Riquimbili" around to where the news media picks up on it.

Today CNN Headline news is showing a bicycle story of "freak bikes" or "Circus bikes" as they were called in the old days. It would be nice if some of us here would go at CNN asking about Riquimbili's. I think that could do alot to wake people up to motorized bikes, 200mpg fuel milage, and owning the vehicle that could do this for them that pays for itself in a couple weeks. (that's the low end motorized bike or "American Riquimbili" after it's Cuban namesake. )

I was hoping to get "Edge" over there as he's a young Cuban lad with a couple of his own Riquimbili's. When he could get some photos of his own work up that would be excellent. He's bi lingual, mechanically inclined and would be an excellent person to have on board should some curious Cubans arrive. (which I'd like nothing more than that to happen) I checked out some forums in the UK also and the "blokes" there seemed baffled by these machines comparing them to Harley Davidsons. They seemed more aroused by the thoughts of cheap rum and fine Cuban Cigars.

So if everyone can think to do it.....try to work the word "Riquimbili" into their slang, daily conversation somehow, and drop the term around the bicycle shops. If at lunch with the coworkers....mention a story you read about this guy with a motorized bike he claims to get 200 mpg on called a Riquimbili. Sooner or later the public curiousty will ignite.
eDJ,i'm going to join later tonight, i just have to make a yahoo,but i'll do that right now. i'll see you there!