Hello from Canada, motor question

GoldenMotor.com

fisherdc

Jun 24, 2008
Very new to this idea. Have an old mobylette moped for years but need second for wife so the logical idea is a motorized bike. Can you point me in the right direction on choosing my first motor. Which kits are better? Engine size? Better websites to purchase from. I always see the one on ebay and I don't know enough to say which one I should stay away from. On a positive not I have a retired machinist who will modified any part to get over poor quality parts but both of us would like to start out with the best engine and setup possible. Looking forward to your replies.

Dan

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
welcome; i would sugest set a couple of hours aside and read posts. then go to search, you will be able to make wise choices about hundreds of possibilities. ride on

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Best to buy one from a Canadian importer. They are either 70cc or 50cc, don't fall for the "we have special engines that are better than the rest" routine, they are all the same.

The 50cc is legal in more places and runs a little more smoothly.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. i personally like a 4 stroke motor. they cost a little bit more but they are quite and pretty much maintenance free. i got a dax titan and very happy with it. glad to have you with us

fisherdc

Jun 24, 2008
is there a four stroke engine that fits in the same place as the 2 stroke. I like the placement of the 2 stoke better than the 4 on the back. My cruiser bike will look better in that configuration.