what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Kinda freaky look'n ---- I like it!!

Seem's like it would lend itself quite nicely for some heat resistant 'flame' stickers!
Yeah it is a bit large and a bit FREAK Show-ish....LOL! but I like it!

I'm thinking it may need to be Black, just a bit to shiny for my liking I think, several coats of VHT 1200 degree High Heat Flat Black would make it look much better and not stick out like a sore thumb.

What do you think about the idea of it being Flat Black xseler?

Map reddd

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I didn't want to say it, but if it were mine, it'd be flat black. I'm not too much of a flashy guy anymore.......however, you might could leave a little bit of the muffler shiny!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Kool...what do ya get??? 2-3 different power bands???
Time will tell how it performs..... I will be installing a different carb once I get the pipe installation finished and then I'll know for sure what my gains are, just doing a test ride like it is I could tell that it definitely has boosted the upper low end pull and maybe even the midrange power a bit, I may need to upgrade or adjust my clutch though, because when it came onto the pipe it immediately started slipping the clutches and I had to feather the throttle until I got more speed and it finally hooked up, hopefully that was only because of a little oil on my clutch pucks, since I had just replaced them and put a dab of oil on bearings and some grease on gears, hopefully all that will be good after it is run a bit.

Map reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I didn't want to say it, but if it were mine, it'd be flat black. I'm not too much of a flashy guy anymore.......however, you might could leave a little bit of the muffler shiny!!
I'm with you on the flashy stuff, nothing at all wrong with it but I'm a little low key myself.

EXCELLENT...! idea for leaving the silencer chrome and doing the rest Flat Black..... Its a done deal, that is where it will go, I wll be messing up the chrome in areas since I plan to braze the pipes together and to the chamber, so paint was gonna need to be used to cover all that up anyway.

Map reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I totally agree with the flat black idea. Interested in hearing the final review on that pipe.

Dan.
No doubt the pipe needs to be black.......

And by the way this pipe sounds very good, gives it that small 2 smoker dirt bike sound, got that rinnn tinnn tinnn.... rinnn tinnn tinnn sound and a nice mellow sound at idle, so much better than the way it was, I have never riden this bike into town because it was just way to loud, it was strictly my country back roads bike, but that is about to change.

Thanks for the support on the black pipe idea Dan

map reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Is that double walled at all? I'd be scared of cooking my inner thigh.
No isn't double walled, never heard of a double walled expansion chamber, but its not hard to keep my leg off of it, plus I always wear jeans so even if leg gets against it I'm good as long as I dont hold it there for to long, I purposely put this exhaust on the left side of the bike because I always ride with my left foot forward so that keeps me a safe distance from the pipe while riding, I've never personally been very fond of the expansion pipes hanging under a bike for ground clearance reasons so if you want the performance and sound of a big pipe you have no choice but to put it up high.

Map reddd

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Worked on the swap last night. Slow and steady not in a hurry this time!

Motor sits better in the Dyno than the Huffy, hopefully it continues smoothly, then Dyno project #2 gets underway :)

Dan.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
was embarrassed last week at not being able to test a CDI on a guy's bike that had the chains off - built a CDI tester this week with timing marks

checking all new CDIs on the shelf shows some differ by about 4 degrees

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Took the very first spill today had to lay her down sideways thankfully I don't see any scratches and only got a sore knee good think I wear a full face helmet

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Avoided another car stopping suddenly swirved to much to the left almost hit the curb swirved to avoid that and I ended up on my side

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
People are just too busy TEXTING these days to pay attention to any thing, I was driving down the road the other day and here comes a car speeding by to get to a stop light for that extra time to text, next light same thing, and the next and the next finally when I got up beside him he looked at me rolled down the window and said " what the F^^k you looking at ?" I Held up my cell phone and said You! >Click< took his picture and let me tell ya he drove the SPD Limit straight and narrow for the next 10 miles.

People just don't give a Rats Ass any more about others they have they're agenda and anyone else is just a tress passer in they're world,
Glad to hear everything is OK! be Safe

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Good one, truckd. The latest 'distracted driving' enforcement blitz they did here had the cops encouraging passengers to take pics of drivers using thier phones, texting, or whatever and had a number you could send the pics to.

Monday I mounted the new tank on the cruiser.. I had a minor flash of inspiration this time out and used a piece of a rubber tie down strap underneath it. I cut off one end, but left the thicker hook holder end on. The thicker section turned out to be perfect for shimming to compensate for the curve of the top bar.

While working yesterday I managed to salvage a bike from the dump. Later on I'll head to the garage and take a couple of pics and see what I can do with it. It's a bit smaller frame, so if a CG motor won't fit I'll either clean it up and CL it or strip it for parts.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
before and after shots of the great big fatty X@ pipe on the bike, major mid gains with this pipe and the tube length, speedo quit working for some reason so I dont know if I lost anything on the top or not.

I worked on the pipe last night, got the areas where I brazed it cleaned up fairly good and then roughed it up real good and put several coats of high heat paint on, not sure how long this will last since its chrome under it though.

after a 10 mile ride today its already dirty in the last pic and it is a bit blurry but give an idea of how it looks just the same.

Map