Predator 670cc V Twin bike

GoldenMotor.com

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
Will this fit with out mods on a bad dog frame?
how fast is it?
will it go at least 80 or faster
also looking at the 420.
compleat noob, poping my cherry on this project, few months till project starts.

looking for cheep frames under 600 if bad dog is a no, if not hen ill go 420.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't want to be negative, but if you're a complete noob?, you should start with something simple (& safer) as your first build.

None of these bikes are as easy to build as they might seem... (frames crack, chains come off, parts fall off & so on....)
So trying to build the biggest & baddest 20HP 80MPH monster on your first try might not be such a good idea. :rolleyes:

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
Well, I am a noob at auto motive, but I have been dismantling things cents I was a kid.
I am good with my hands, the rest I just want to wing, with help of the forum, even if I get stuck I would like to think I would be able to handle this. Never mind YouTube for more eyes on approach, I am more interested in will it fit into the frames I was looking at.

Mounding the thing to the frame and dropping the torq converter and a chain to the fly wheel.
Sure the sizing of the wheels and gears are still fuzzy, but that will only hinder speed. also need to keep the aliment in mind as I do that.
But my issue is fitting, would that beast fit in the bad dog frame?
if the chain slips, concrete kiss is unavoidable on a bike of any type, went 30 on a peddle bike, tore the skin from both knees, point is life is full of danger, I am poor and transport, and I have friends that live miles away, so for me it go big or go home.

So can you help me end up in traction.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Will this fit with out mods on a bad dog frame?
how fast is it?
will it go at least 80 or faster
also looking at the 420.
compleat noob, poping my cherry on this project, few months till project starts.

looking for cheep frames under 600 if bad dog is a no, if not hen ill go 420.
I have an inkling that a bad dog frame is a minibike.
This is a motorized bicycle forum.

A Predator 670cc V Twin is a big and heavy motor.
google HF for dimensions of this and a 420

You will get better answers here:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
I just went to the 1st fourm that looked relevant, we all just want to skin our selfs, but good idea on the dimensions list google thing.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I just went to the 1st fourm that looked relevant, we all just want to skin our selfs, but good idea on the dimensions list google thing.
you don't say yes or no........
Are you asking about these?

http://www.minichoppersminibikes.com/product.php?id=1278121077

Are you planning on riding a minibike on public streets as transportation?

80 mph with no front brake and what kind of back brake? Scrub?
Minibikes will be a cop magnet as transportation.

Last edited:

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
Looks like it might. If not, that frame is simple enough that it shouldn't take much to modify it to fit. Keep us posted; I for one want to see this!

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
will do, Ill get the table, errm engine soon, then pray for the frame, need 4 mounths to before i get started, I just hope it all fits, I cant waight to end up in traction

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
If you're even thinking bout that I suggest you build up a 212cc motorized bike. The engine cost will be the smallest expense. A 212cc can be made to make 20hp and if you blow it up a replacement is $125 at the most. You'll find yourself spending the most money on good wheels and brakes. But if you're looking at a 600cc I would just go get a motorcycle. Buy something that's already proven and build on that; it's a heck of a lot safer and easier, and less time consuming than trying to reinvent the wheel. Or... Honda shadow 750-- v twin cruisers that can be had for 2 grand or less...

Personally I am salivating over dr650s myself...

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
thats nice, but for 6oo and chang I get a engen and for 400 I get a frame, at my buget that is more then a nuff. dont have a nuf for any more, and if i were to down grade it would be to the 420 or 310, though 420 more likly cents i want speed

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
For some of us it's largely about building something; maybe something a little off the beaten path. Those who aren't like that just don't get it, but that's ok too.
The first time I ever saw one of those Chinese V-twins ( a few years before Harbor Freight had them), I envisioned one in a minibike.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
That bike's not a death wish. In fact, since we're talking about a frame that is actually designed to accept an engine, it is probably safer than a typical motorized bicycle. Especially one with a 212 engine, as some have built (and I am considering).
And it's no more difficult to put good brakes on a minibike than on a MB.
I do think the OP would do well to consider spending a bit more for the extra large frame. It would make it an easier build.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Just keep in mind that wheels and brakes will be your other big expense. This stuff runs relatively cheap for bicycles, because none of it has to be approved. Hope you can build it on the cheap but expect to spend double what you payed for the frame and motor on all the other stuff, which does add up quick.

I've thought about such a project but figured it would be easier to buy somebody's vtwin motorcycle project instead..

ickda

Sep 13, 2016
Michigan
That bike's not a death wish. In fact, since we're talking about a frame that is actually designed to accept an engine, it is probably safer than a typical motorized bicycle. Especially one with a 212 engine, as some have built (and I am considering).
And it's no more difficult to put good brakes on a minibike than on a MB.
I do think the OP would do well to consider spending a bit more for the extra large frame. It would make it an easier build.
thank you, some advice I can use, though you guys in general have been a help.

so the v twin or the 420, I want at least 80, will eather of these meat that goal? I want to be able to use this as a very cheap alt to a motorcycle, but still need some speed, 80 is my goal, if I can pass it, would be cool but I only freeway speed.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
Will it do it? Probably, if you gear it right. I strongly suggest you not try it though, with no suspension. Chances are very great that it will bounce out of control at that speed.
Here you go. This bike is a much better bet, and cheaper too.
I can get behind the idea of putting a V-twin in a large minibike frame for the fun of it. But if you really expect us to tell you it is ok to build such a machine and then take it out and do 80 mph on the highways, you are either insane or a jerk cop on a fishing expedition. You won't get anyone's blessing on here to do that.
In fact, I'm really beginning to suspect the latter is exactly what you are. It's just like on the gun forums when some newbie comes in and starts demanding information on how to convert something to full-auto, and trying to get someone to agree that it's a good thing to do: it's a dead giveaway that the newbie is a meathead JBT who thinks everyone is as stupid as he is.
So if that's you, go tell the chief it didn't work. laff