the BEACHTRACKER (rebuild)

GoldenMotor.com

jackal86

Apr 9, 2015
Austin, TX
Got some new parts and did a full tear down of my ride, figured I might as well paint her black while she's in pieces. In this thread I will catalogue the process of putting this aesthetically pleasing piece of machinery back together, listing parts, their reasons for enlistment, and plans for the future of this project. Didn't know what to categorize this build as, but I'm posting in Beach Cruisers since it's based on a huffy cruiser frame.

Current condition:
-Huffy Good vibrations frame
-New Sunlite springer fork!
-Flying Horse Dragonfire engine
-Stock huffy wheels.
-Polo banana seat with struts off while I shorten them.
-Got a 32t ragmount rear sprocket temporarily until I get a HD wheel i can put a real sprocket and adapter on. My goal is not necessarily higher speed, just lower cruising rpms. (Higher top speed will come in handy though I assume)
-Cranks are off while I wait for my 28t pedal side sprocket to come in. Smaller sprocket will be nice for pedal starting the bike, as well as giving me an easier time pedaling around while the engine is cut. Also will be good since my engine is loosing a bit of acceleration with the 32t rear gear.
-Just engine braking and coaster brake assist for now.

Questions, comments, suggestions, all welcome! Excited for this build!

-Jack

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good start but I can't stress enough the importance of exploring a front brake. Relying on a coaster is fine if you have a secondary means of stopping. However, you should consider the possibility of a broken or derailed pedal chain which could leave you with no 'whoa power' but dragging your feet. Not a nice thought at 25 to 30mph, is it?

Keep us posted on your progress. Looking good so far.

Tom

jackal86

Apr 9, 2015
Austin, TX
Glad to have your input! Im looking into getting a rear caliper brake for it, but sort of weighing my options. Is it safe to use a front caliper with my style of forks? Or should i put down the money for a front drum wheel?

More pics coming soon.