stuck some parts together

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
I always wanted a nicer exhaust so while the bike was down for the winter getting engine bearings and a drum brake I had chopped the kit exhaust into pieces after a few sodas one night. Well, its warm and nice out and I finished all of the other work but couldn't ride because I chopped it up :( I took a handlebar from a schwinn cruiser and some section of the factory exhaust and the mufffler. I weld like a monkey, and with only my a/c stick welder armed with some 308l rods I created something resembling what I wanted. that muffler is some THIN stuff to weld like this. I got a lot of practice.

I still want a little more noise reduction, it didn't seem to cut any down at all, just move it behind me but it is just the same muffler after all. Happy motoring!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nice use of the handlebar shape to fit your bike! I like to use the tensioner mount as well for a neater look...
You might consider gutting the inner baffle from your stock muffler and stuffing it with stainless potscrubbers or something similar. You can easily get more power and quiet it a bit at the same time by stuffing. If power is no object, simply stuffing the muffler will reduce noise.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Nice use of the handlebar shape to fit your bike! I like to use the tensioner mount as well for a neater look...
You might consider gutting the inner baffle from your stock muffler and stuffing it with stainless potscrubbers or something similar. You can easily get more power and quiet it a bit at the same time by stuffing. If power is no object, simply stuffing the muffler will reduce noise.
I have some leftover 2 stroke muffler packing from another project that I plan on using. I think I'd like to perforate the internal stinger thingy add a baffle at the end and wrap it with that stuff, then a wire to hold it. Its basically how my buffalo is setup, so it should work ok here too. I pulled the cat part out long ago. My tensioner mount is welded on so it made a lot of sense to just bolt to it. Thanks for the compliment. Now where does my kickstand go.... :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice work. Old handlebars work great for custom exhaust as does 3/4" EMT, electrical conduit. A little work with a grinder on your welds then spray on a coat of high temp silver and it will be good to go.

They sell a kickstand that mounts to the rear axle. It would work well for you, me thinks.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have never found a kickstand I liked anyway so it's not an issue for me. They clank around too much even on a non-motor bike and clanking bothers me more than not having a stand.
I like my bikes silent as the grave so I can sneak up on people and pop the clutch as I suddenly appear from nowhere right next to the unsuspecting victim.