Motorized Kickslead

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Re: Motoized kickslead

Your runners look like they come off a regular sled is there a serent curve they hav to be? This looks like a fun project..........Curt

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Re: Motoized kickslead

Your runners look like they come off a regular sled is there a serent curve they hav to be? This looks like a fun project..........Curt
The runners come from an ordinary Swedish "kickslead" I have not done the runners myselves, they are manufactured in a forge where they get the right shape, often they forged by two different types of steel, hard steel treads and softer as the "backbone" of the runner . They must be smooth sideways in order to be able to turn

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
So what is hapening? Wheel spinning? Maybe need to lower it down for more bite?

I like it plain and simple.....Maybe have to study some of the others..........Curt

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
So what is hapening? Wheel spinning? Maybe need to lower it down for more bite?

I like it plain and simple.....Maybe have to study some of the others..........Curt
Yes the problem is that the wheel just spins.! The solution is probably not to press the wheel more to the ground, The wheel is about 3 inches below the runners, when there is no load on the runners. Need probably a bigger and wider wheel with studs to get enough grip on the ice

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes the problem is that the wheel just spins.! The solution is probably not to press the wheel more to the ground, The wheel is about 3 inches below the runners, when there is no load on the runners. Need probably a bigger and wider wheel with studs to get enough grip on the ice
Just wondering if the other sleds run a chain down the center of the wheel like your? That would be a continues band of steel.
It sure would be fun to start a sport like that here,like snowmobiling only a lot cheeper..............Curt

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Just wondering if the other sleds run a chain down the center of the wheel like your? That would be a continues band of steel.
It sure would be fun to start a sport like that here,like snowmobiling only a lot cheeper..............Curt
You're right, maybe not a good idea with a chain in the middle of the wheel, maybe that makes the wheel lifts off the ground and allow the other chains do not get any traction on the ice. I will remove the chain and try again if there is a better grip from the tires without the the chain in the middle

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Make a pedal that you can step on or a platform so your weight can be on the wheel and the runners float instead of vice versa. By the way, that thing is absolutely awesome!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That would be fun to start that sport around here. I have 4 sons and showed them seems that if you can't buy it they don't seem intrested. There are plenty of lakes to run on around here and in Staples for that mater.......Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes .........Curt

Last edited:

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik