Mystic1 motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
This is a project i started 2 years ago and put to the side. Pulled it out the back of my shed the other day with hope's on riding it soon. Here is some pictures of my project.

I have a extra toro snowblower with same 2stroke on it. So this motor is just a mock up for now. When everything is good i can swap motor's.

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Thanks! Ive built 3 of these v-belt style motorbikes with same type of motor and same style and same tensor style clutch. I always hate when i get stuck like i am right now. Need some idea's so i can finish. I need to cut the rear frame so i can get the belt over the "chain stay's". And weld and stabilize the motor mount. Bolt the rear gear to the spokes. exhaust and muffler. And other random ****.

I got different forks that look better on this setup that i need to put on. I have old seat im going to recover that looks better. I really need some type of foot pegs. And maybe if i have time and motivation ill put brakes on it. haha. Who really needs brakes when you got your feet/shoes anyway?

One main reason im posting on motorbicycling is for motivation for myself. Or maybe my idea's can help other's realize what they can pull off at home with D.i.y. homemade kits. I get my parts out of garbage or from scrappers and don't pay for anything.

I got a android phone so takeing and posting pictures is easy.

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
No its not a bmx frame. Its a 24in girls mtb frame. and 26in mtb forks. I figured it worked out great with the forks and bmx rims.

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
What make engine is that and what HP is it?

Why did you cut into the bottom tube?
The motor is from a toro snow blower. The toro with the red plastic case over it. Its made by tecumseh. I think its a 3 1/2hp 47cc.

I cut into the bottom tube for the motor mount. And also cut into the bottom bracket for the future belt tensioner clutch setup can swing. I can stabilize and weld everything after mock up.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
The motor is from a toro snow blower. The toro with the red plastic case over it. Its made by tecumseh. I think its a 3 1/2hp 47cc.

I cut into the bottom tube for the motor mount. And also cut into the bottom bracket for the future belt tensioner clutch setup can swing. I can stabilize and weld everything after mock up.
I believe you will find it is more like a 98cc engine at that HP by Tecumseh.

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
I believe you will find it is more like a 98cc engine at that HP by Tecumseh.
I don't know anything about these motor's. i notice you have a build with this style motor so im sure you know alot more then me on this subject. Correct me if im wrong, i love learning. I just downloaded a pdf file linked from you. It looks same motor you used on your huffy. I have 4 of these motor's off of toro's i found in garbage. Here is a link to my other motorbike that ive built and sold few years back. with its gear ratio i was able to reach 32mph. :)

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=21603

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I don't know anything about these motor's. i notice you have a build with this style motor so im sure you know alot more then me on this subject. Correct me if im wrong, i love learning. I just downloaded a pdf file linked from you. It looks same motor you used on your huffy. I have 4 of these motor's off of toro's i found in garbage. Here is a link to my other motorbike that ive built and sold few years back. with its gear ratio i was able to reach 32mph. :)

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=21603
Cool builds you did there. Where did you get your exhaust system on them or what did you make them from?

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Cool builds you did there. Where did you get your exhaust system on them or what did you make them from?
Just got done reading your huffy build for the first time. what's your progress on that? Its looking nice. Let me know if you have any question or want me to take any pictures of any of my builds for more idea's.

Im guessing your keeping your motor in the center with a jack shaft. That is the route i wanted to take, but took the easy way out and offset my motor with a mounting plate.

What is your plan's on your huffy build to get the power to the back wheel? This is what ive been doing. Its a little kids scooter rim with spokes removed and i drilled 11 holes. picture below.

and as for the exhaust and muffler... I cut the pipe's off the toro snow blower and braze welded them together. Here is a picture of the pipe's i have for this build.

As for the muffler itself. I just pulled a rig job and put a small tube with mini hole into the the tail pipe with a washer. and welded that closed. No packing the muffler or anything. It worked. i dunno if it robbed me of power or not. I hope this build i can pull off a better muffer and pack it with some material so its quiet.