Felt MP Build

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
For the time being I'm gonna go with a 49cc Grubee SkyHawk 4G T-Belt Drive Motor. Custom Billet motor mount custom 12 volt gel cell battery box underneith.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Will be a fun one. I will post pics as i go along. By the way Felt is not making the MP no longer according to John King from Phantom Bikes.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Here the progress done in the last 3 days....................WITH PICTURES!!!!

Here what I started out with. HS 49cc motor. Upgrades include Chromoly crank and Billet Aluminum motor mount.

Attachments

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
So I started out with the wheel for me the hardest part. Unfortunately Pirate does not make a hub adapter for the Nexus 3 speed. So I had to go Raggedy Andy with it. So the stock sprocket does not fit over the hub. SOOOOOO more innovating is needing. I thought I could open the hole with a grinder................. Ummmmm didn't quite work out as you can see.

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
The one on the left is mine. Pictures does not do any justice on how bad I F*~%ed up. Dave from Dynamic Marine Machining of Point Loma turned another sprocket for me as you can see on the right. Clean, true, and no burs.

Attachments

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
While that dried I hook up the throttle. Now with this being a felt. I didn't want the crappy plastic cheap grip. I will upgrade to a actual motorcycle throttle in the near future. I just want to ride this thing. I took the grip and cut the rubber off of it. Easy. The Nexus 3 speed comes with to different sized grips. So I took the longer of the two to put on the throttle. Hard as ****. Even with a air compressor. But I got it. I then moved and flipped the shifter to the left side. Now I got matching stock Felt Grips on the bike.

Attachments

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Now that the "accessories" were attached except for the gas tank. I'm trying my hardest not to put the stock tank anywhere on it.Time to mount the motor!!! Here some pictures of the aluminum motor mount. I regret not painting it. I will be doing that after I break the motor in.

Attachments