My motor died

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
An important step I don't see mentioned much is, after about 50 miles retorque the head bolts.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
well i started it and it was running fine for awhile 5 minutes after letting it idle it reved up really high and nothing i did to adjust me idler was working it was just revving high then it my motor started knocking ........could adjusting the jet fix this problem?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
well i started it and it was running fine for awhile 5 minutes after letting it idle it reved up really high and nothing i did to adjust me idler was working it was just revving high then it my motor started knocking ........could adjusting the jet fix this problem?
Sounds like an intake air leak.
Check it out, two posts in a row both from Dallas. MBs are spreading like a virus lol.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I was in Dallas a few weeks ago at the Deep Ellum art fair. You could have came by and talked engines with me.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
well i figured out all the problems and ordered parts from the pirates...........got a new slant head, head gasket, some oil,spark plugs, but i forgot to order the most important thing the MM billet intake.....cause as you might have guessed i have a major air leak in my intake and i heard these billet intake fix that with no problem