Engine won't start

GoldenMotor.com

Fishoutofwater88

Apr 2, 2011
Santa ana
I have an 80/66cc raw motor I've had it running before then I had to take my engine off my bike because my engine mount broke. I just put my engine back on my bike hooked everything up the way it's supposed to be but it won't kick over. My piston moves when the clutch isn't engaged

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sounds like you have two problems and one could be why you have the other one.
The clutch cable might be too loose. This would keep the clutch engaged even with the handlebar lever squeezed. If that's the case then starting by pedaling would be a little difficult. Not impossible but harder than it should be. With everything as you now have it, push inward on the clutch actuating arm, where the cable attaches, push it in as far as it will go and see if the bike will roll free, without turning the engine over. If it does then a loose cable is the problem. Adjust it.

As far as the engine not starting, it needs three things. Fuel, air and ignition. Confirm you have all three and carefully check your wiring connections and make sure that white wire is not touching anything. If you need help on how to confirm spark let us know.

Check your fuel flow and choke plate position.
Get back to us with what you find, please.
Tom